Received refund back on credit card, but "discovered" something I did not know.

beshears

I do feel bad for those who have NOT received their refunds, especially "if" they are waiting for it BACK on their credit card.  I did not do the OBC with booking another cruise, as that was the other option, as I took the refund back instead. I did not cancel the cruise which was for March 15th, I was notified on the 13th of March from Carnival. The money or credit to my credit card went through on April 6th.  My PVP did say it might take 90 days.  Now whether me telling her "if" I got my money back I would use her again, I don't know.

To the OP.  I would escalate things to a supervisor at this point.  You said that after redoing the math, the difference that you believe is owed to you is 400.00.  Any way you cut it that is still a tidy sum not to be sneezed at and I would make sure that every T is crossed and every I  is dotted when the supervisor explains things to you.  Good luck.

• Like 1

Keep in mind you don't have to talk to your PVP about refunds. You can speak with anyone that answers the phone at the general number. You are definitely entitled to your deposit back. A while back they had a form on the website to fill out instead of calling to request a refund. 

15 hours ago, beshears said:

At this point, I do appreciate "everyone's" responses to my question. I started "again" (probably about 5 times doing this), trying to figured just what was not paid from Carnival, and what was.  What is strange is that my PVP put 4 "different" amounts on the credit card, which were to cover the 4 rooms. as  well as another small credit that I have no clue what it was pertaining to.  She said she had put the transfers, taxes in the credits as well, and that is possible.  HOW she ever came up with the 4 "different" amounts is beyond me for the credits, since 3 of the rooms were the "exact" price!  I believe, thank God, it was only around $400 that was not refunded back, so I have decided to just let things go.  Probably trying to have her "explain" to me would be more confusing, as when we were going over what was owed, she seemed to have a few problems, but I'm so thankful that I DID receive back most of the money!

I don't know all the "ins & outs" of how Carnival works their specials or pricing. My cruise was canceled March 20th for my cruise on May 30th. I completed the form requested a refund.  I just received all my money back even the deposit.

I'm like a dog with a bone when I feel like I am being cheated.

When my daughter was younger she used to say, "Dad you like to fight with people", to which I replied," I don't like to fight with anyone, but I don't like being taken advantage of".

She is older now and good or bad she is on the same page with my thinking. lol

i received refund yesterday for my cruise sailed May 21. i requested full refund on march 21st as carnival cancelled my cruise

i also have not received my deposits totalling $2200 for 4 cabins

i used 2  different credit card for booking and final payment as my card was fraudulently used and had to cancel same a few months back

i presumed that this would cause a delay in the payment refunded  and have emailed my travel counsellor  asking why deposits werent refunded and am still waiting to hear back

i didnt realise there was a nonrefundable deposit booking so hope i hadnt that booking made

i will post back any response i get back from travel counsellor and if necessary ring carnival when i can as living in Ireland

i also made seperate payments to each cabin for birthday and xmas presents for my family members booked as this was my husbands 60th birthday family cruise. some of these i have not been refunded but they may have been paid with the original booking credit card before it was cancelled !!

a bit confusing i know but hopefully get sorted  

Donegal rose, it shouldn’t matter at all what type of fare you chose. They cancelled so you are entitled to your entire amount paid. If you had cancelled, there are fare categories with non refundable deposits, but that doesn’t matter in this case. They owe you 100% of what they gave you.

On 6/10/2020 at 2:27 AM, SNJCruisers said:

To the OP.  I would escalate things to a supervisor at this point.  You said that after redoing the math, the difference that you believe is owed to you is 400.00.  Any way you cut it that is still a tidy sum not to be sneezed at and I would make sure that every T is crossed and every I  is dotted when the supervisor explains things to you.  Good luck.

I have to wonder if OP switched to this cruise from another cruise and paid the $50/pp change fee previously (I'm assuming at least two people per cabin here, and 4 cabins = 400).  

I switched from a cruise to one in May, paid the $50/pp change fee.  That $100 showed up as money paid for my cruise, but when Carnival cancelled my May cruise, that $100 was not transferred/refunded.  So while it looked like I paid $2000 for that cruise, $100 was a change fee, and only $1900 transferred/refunded.