MSC direct or TA

Fogfog

17 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

I think (actually know) that MSC has driven some cruise agents nutz,...in the past few weeks.  The cruise line made several ship changes (primarily for the Caribbean market) for later this Fall and winter.  Because the ships are not identical (such as Seaside to Mergaviglia) cabin assignments are all over the place.  In some cases folks are OK with the changes, but other changes border on the outrageous (such as somebody being switched from a YC Suite with Balcony to an inside cabin).

While COVID-19 has created many issues for the cruise lines, all these ship changes are a bit over the top.

Hank

Correct

In our case our B2B is on Mera and she wasn't moved. We have our YC stateroom reserved for both legs. 

I read postings from someone who was booked on a short (like 4 day) sailing on Seaside and she got moved to a 7 day on Meraviglia. Thats a great deal-- as she doesn't have to pay for those extra days!

On 6/7/2020 at 5:13 PM, rkacruiser said:

Why do you do this?  I have found that being a consistent client with one agent/agency allows you to develop a relationship that has benefited me.

Our Celebrity TA (big online) won’t do MSC bookings so we are looking for one that does for our B2B YC in Nov 2021.  The first one we called said Seashore is not sailing from Florida.  We just booked it directly with MSC and wanted to transfer it to an agent but no luck so far.