Seabourn playing silly buggers ?

phillipahain

They finally cancelled our 22nd April Cruise on 30th March promising return of charges in 60 days 

TA  contacted them day 63 ...and escalated the claim 

I have trued phoning Seabourn UK only to be given the run around 

Still no refund and truly not amused ...since also Seabourn dont bother to phone back or care 

Yes after a phone call to Seabourn today i was informed they refunded on 9th ...its not yet hit the CC though and yes Seabourn is very very unlikely to get my business in future ....i am sad this cruise was cancelled because it included many ports new to us we wanted to visit

Obviously itinery and price and inclusion of internet are major factors but Regent gets my vote pretty much all the time these days 

I made it very clear to Seabourn they are doing themselves no favours refunding some people in 50 days and making others wait 90 days and that there was plenty of evidence on Cruise critic 

Edited by phillipahain
Forgot to add

Phew - That's good news!  One less whiny, self absorbed blowhard to worry about encountering when travel and cruising resume.  And by the way, Seabourn still owes me money for a cancelled 14 day cruise that has not yet been refunded.  Our cruise was also cancelled on March 30th and I requested a refund the same day.  Still waiting, but not complaining daily on a public forum. 

• Like 3

I find your comments nasty and unnecessary.

You are happy waiting  for your refund, others are not. You don’t know their circumstances so in my opinion best not to criticise.

• Like 4

I don't actually think people really mean it when they make statements like "I am never dealing with them again" What they really mean is that they are unhappy. When I was a young buck just starting out in life I remember being with an unhappy customer who told me that he was never going to buy from the company again if he didnt get what he wanted.....I was so frightened I went to my boss very worried about loosing a customer......my boss explained that sadly on this occasion he was unable to do what the customer wanted............I retorted with the information that they won't ever buy from us again to which he replied..........."Oh yes they will............we just have to be cheaper!!" The second thing he told me was that "The customer is NOT always right............but they are ALWAYS the customer"

I have found this early lesson in life quite useful in my 40 odd years in retail.

2 hours ago, Mauzac said:

What is 'whining' to someone could be worry to that person. 

..and then there is the principle.

Why should SB be able to hold on to MY money for 105 days! Could I do that to them by postponing my final payment or deposit by 100 days? We all know what the answer to that is.

• Like 4

On 6/11/2020 at 11:14 PM, brenecke said:

Phew - That's good news!  One less whiny, self absorbed blowhard to worry about encountering when travel and cruising resume.  And by the way, Seabourn still owes me money for a cancelled 14 day cruise that has not yet been refunded.  Our cruise was also cancelled on March 30th and I requested a refund the same day.  Still waiting, but not complaining daily on a public forum. 

I was assured within 60 days and because the credit had to go back onto a CC i needed it to be there to cover a different purchase ...not everyone in rolling in money to have someone else hold onto it 

• Like 3

On 6/11/2020 at 3:14 PM, brenecke said:

yes - what you said!!  😉

Sure hope i never have the misfortune to ever meet or hear the typical NY accent and attitude of Brenecke and Seas the Day ......no doubt Covid 19 has had zero impact on their lives or that of their family and they are so rolling in money that a refund of $16000 is of no consequence 

As others have said ....why should any company treat clients badly or hang onto their money beyond what was promised ...there were no flights involved it was a simple cancellation and refund of a cruise and until the promised 60 days had elapsed i did not rattle any cages 

• Like 3