Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

24 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

I didn’t realise there were any points for that short webinar. There was no indication in the email to register Captain’ Club numbers.

There are no Power Up points associated with today's video.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, upwarduk said:

I didn’t realise there were any points for that short webinar. There was no indication in the email to register Captain’ Club numbers.

There were no power up points for todays Food and beverage video 

in the video they said that over 30,000 people have seen the previous video. The previous video was worth three Captains Club points.

Edited by cruisestitch

3 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

There are no Power Up points associated with today's video.  

😟  I hope this wasn't a test to see whether people would watch the Webinars without receiving PUPs.  I watched it and I would be sorry to contribute to the demise of PUP.

19 minutes ago, islandwoman said:

😟  I hope this wasn't a test to see whether people would watch the Webinars without receiving PUPs.  I watched it and I would be sorry to contribute to the demise of PUP.

There have been Webinars before without PUPs. I watched at least one which interested me. That did not stop PUPs. None can predict when this form of marketing will end but the demise of PUPs has been speculated before and that turned out to be premature. 

20 hours ago, mahasamatman said:

Does that include all the people who still have not received credit?

I saw the same 30k number of people that are supposed to have watched the video.  Using that # time 3 gets you to 90k Celebrity CC points to be awarded.  One would assume the 30k includes those who are still waiting to be credited.

Assuming they are all CC members that would be a fairly high number I think.  Of course, we do not know how they counted the 30k views, ie each time video opened, once per CC #, some other choice.

We got our 3 points credited, I think, on Monday.   Again, I asked the question to get a guess at what the cost to Celebrity was, assuming each point is actually able to be used.  For me, we are now 858 pts and thus the 3 pts will most likely never actually help us get to Zenith status. I like keeping up with things on Celebrity and this is a way to encourage that, especially for those striving for the lower status levels.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, islandwoman said:

We watched it too.  Since it was a follow-up, I would not think cutting PUP's smart going forward, but if they do, I can guarantee the view count will drop.  

This is such an opportunity for Celebrity to beef up the program and reward loyalty, in this current environment.  I personally look to see who wants my business.  

They did make some changes back to previous offerings and did add 2/3 social meeting times/place for The Captain's Club Elite and above gatherings.  

So, just for good measure, the last pup opportunity was sent at the end of September to watch a video or am I missing something? I’m really starting to have PUP withdrawal over here. And, no Halloween “treat” from Celebrity? Hmmm….can we still watch the last video for points or is that expired? And, if so, does anyone have the link?

Cheers!

10 minutes ago, newtocruiseinblue said:

So, just for good measure, the last pup opportunity was sent at the end of September to watch a video or am I missing something?

Yes, that was the last PUP opportunity.  Here is the list of PUP opportunities since the beginning of 2002 to date.  The dates show when the points were awarded.

image.png.ff8c882efef5325f06cdddd4c9fa3910.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Yes it is November and time for another PUP opportunity. We need a sacrifice from the new leader to show appreciation to the already loyal Celebrity followers!! It’s about that time……

one new thing I noticed (may have been discussed elsewhere on the board) is the new landing page when searching for a cruise on my laptop (did not see it on my mobile device)….. it is styled exactly like Royal Caribbean and made me shudder a bit. 

On 10/10/2023 at 8:19 AM, peachcreamsicle said:

Anyone else not receive Power Up Points emails? Not sure how I can opt in?  

Opt-in: Log on to your Celebrity account > Click the top Celebrity Logo > Click your name (on right) > Click the "Subscribe" envelope icon at the upper-right > enroll.

Has anyone else stopped receiving Captains Club Power Up Emails? I stopped receiving Power Up Point emails from Captains Club back in March 2023. I did not unsubscribe, have tried re-subscribing and yes I get the multiple marketing emails each day from Celebrity but never from Captains Club. 

I have tried this: Opt-in: Log on to your Celebrity account > Click the top Celebrity Logo > Click your name (on right) > Click the "Subscribe" envelope icon at the upper-right > enroll.

It takes me between the US and Canadian site (I am Canadian). There is no Subscribe envelope on the upper right only the one on the left and that does not seem to work either. Have asked Captains Club and they said I am subscribed and should get them, but myself (and my husband's separate account no longer receive them). Anyone else familiar with this

(I am 1 point shy of Elite and just want laundry LOL).

1 hour ago, sherylpreston said:

Has anyone else stopped receiving Captains Club Power Up Emails? I stopped receiving Power Up Point emails from Captains Club back in March 2023. I did not unsubscribe, have tried re-subscribing and yes I get the multiple marketing emails each day from Celebrity but never from Captains Club. 

I have tried this: Opt-in: Log on to your Celebrity account > Click the top Celebrity Logo > Click your name (on right) > Click the "Subscribe" envelope icon at the upper-right > enroll.

It takes me between the US and Canadian site (I am Canadian). There is no Subscribe envelope on the upper right only the one on the left and that does not seem to work either. Have asked Captains Club and they said I am subscribed and should get them, but myself (and my husband's separate account no longer receive them). Anyone else familiar with this

Yes many no longer receive them, including myself. captains Club says they have the correct address for me but I get marketing emails only, not PUP.  Just keep watching this thread and if any new power ups appear, the announcement will be seeing here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sherylpreston said:

They’ve stopped coming to me, too.  No idea why.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cruisestitch said:

Yes many no longer receive them, including myself. captains Club says they have the correct address for me but I get marketing emails only, not PUP.  Just keep watching this thread and if any new power ups appear, the announcement will be seeing here.

The IT used by the Royal Caribbean Group has been problematic for years. Years ago I stopped receiving Royal Caribbean emails while I have continued to receive Celebrity emails after they combined the log in credentials.  I talked to Royal Caribbean many times to get emails, tried logging in and reseting but only get their emails when booked on a sailing. Turns out to have been a blessing as now I don’t want their emails.  Celebrity sends me two marketing emails a day plus more if there is a Captains Club email. A bit much, one email every couple of days would be sufficient but I don’t want to mess with it. When they stop coming it seems like it’s permanent. They don’t want to spend to fix their broken  backend. 

2 minutes ago, WestLakeGirl said:

They’ve stopped coming to me, too.  No idea why.

Their backend is broken. They have no idea either and they would have to spend a lot to fix it. A problem for large companies is that migrating to a new backend could be a disaster too.

On 11/3/2023 at 2:45 PM, Wolf 8 said:

Opt-in: Log on to your Celebrity account > Click the top Celebrity Logo > Click your name (on right) > Click the "Subscribe" envelope icon at the upper-right > enroll.

I've read that advice a few times but I don't have the option:

Screenshot 2023-11-07 124137.png

1 minute ago, mahasamatman said:

That's where it is for me. There's a section called "Offers & Communications" that has subscription options. There is no separate option for Power Up - it's all or nothing.

It doesn't have an option for Captains Club, which is what I want. I get all the promotional emails.