July 24, 2020 Sailing if You Can Get to Greece

2 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

Variety Cruises offers a very different cruise experience with under 50 passengers. The ships are in the yacht cruise category.

It is highly unlikely that the mega cruise ship companies could adapt their sailing products to anything offered by Variety Cruises.

1 minute ago, MJSailors said:

Variety Cruises offers a very different cruise experience with under 50 passengers. The ships are in the yacht cruise category.

It is highly unlikely that the mega cruise ship companies could adapt their sailing products to anything offered by Variety Cruises.

That is very true.  My intention was not to compare Variety to Royal but to offer alternatives to those who want to cruise and can not wait for the mega cruise ships to resume operations.  But doubtful anyone can get to Greece easily nowadays.  Hopefully, there will be river cruises on smaller ships in the US soon.  

I can understand your intention. But, I am not certain that the average mega ship cruise passenger would find such a cruise vacation as Variety offers to be a viable alternative for their cruising fix. There are no rock climbing walls,water slides,ice skating rinks etc on those ships.

I may not have correct information,but American Cruises ( River Cruises in the US) may now be offering cruises. We did receive a brochure from them a few days ago.

Again, their cruises are not like those of the mega ships and usually appeal to a more senior demographic. But, if a person really needs a cruise vacation, those River Cruises may be a good alternative.

4 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

I can understand your intention. But, I am not certain that the average mega ship cruise passenger would find such a cruise vacation as Variety offers to be a viable alternative for their cruising fix. There are no rock climbing walls,water slides,ice skating rinks etc on those ships.

I may not have correct information,but American Cruises ( River Cruises in the US) may now be offering cruises. We did receive a brochure from them a few days ago.

Again, their cruises are not like those of the mega ships and usually appeal to a more senior demographic. But, if a person really needs a cruise vacation, those River Cruises may be a good alternative.

Yes those smaller ships will probably appeal to an older population.  If there are no kiddie and teen clubs, various pools, slides, zip lining, bungee jumping and swimming with the sharks, not likely you will see young families. 

You are correct, American Cruises have started US river cruises.

https://www.cntraveler.com/story/small-cruise-ships-prepare-to-cruise-again

• Thanks 1