MSC: No Cabins Available for 2021?!?

FengShui@Sea

Someone brought to my attention that our March 27, 2021 cruise on the Seaside from Miami to Barcelona was showing a change of itinerary and departure port.  That got me curious so I searched for cabins on our sailing: “no cabins available”.  I then searched all the way back to a January 16, 2021 departure on the Seaside: “no cabins available”.  Then I tried the MSC Meraviglia beginning in January 2021: “no cabins available”.  Does anyone have any idea what is going on with MSC?

Edited by FengShui@Sea

You post got our attention. We looked at a December 2020 Seaside cruise (we are booked on back to back cruises) and although the cruise still shows on our cruise agents booking site, it shows nothing available for either cruise.  A few days ago there was plenty of availability (except in the YC).  My conclusion is that MSC has simply shut down their booking system or possibly the system has crashed.  System problems with MSC (and many other cruise lines) is nothing new so I would not read anything into this at this time.  Give it a few days.  Since it is a weekend they might not fix their system until Monday.

Another possibility is that MSC has intentionally shut down their booking system because they are doing updates.  Many cruise lines will do software updates on weekends (often on Sat or Sun night).

Hank

So upon further investigation I found that the MSC European itineraries are all showing as available.  If I had to guess, MSC does not plan to continue sailing to US ports (and for good reason).  That assessment is based on the fact that it seems to be only cruises involving US ports that are now ‘unavailable’.  Time will tell.

Edited by FengShui@Sea

8 minutes ago, FengShui@Sea said:

So upon further investigation I found that the MSC European itineraries are all showing as available.  If I had to guess, MSC does not plan to continue sailing to US ports (and for good reason).  That assessment is based on the fact that it seems to be only cruises involving US ports that are now ‘unavailable’.  Time will tell.

I certainly hope they will be sailing from Miami in November 2021 when we do our first MSC cruise. Spoiling ourselves YC. 

4 minutes ago, lienf said:

I certainly hope they will be sailing from Miami in November 2021 when we do our first MSC cruise. Spoiling ourselves YC. 

I will admit that your sailing is still showing available.  As Hank said, maybe it is a website thing.  I will check again tomorrow morning.

Several people have posted in an MSC group chat that they were told by MSC agents that their bookings on the Seaside are now on the Meraviglia. The dates ranged from November 2020 through March 2021. I have a booking on the Seaside in January 2021 but when I went to my account to check on it the site said that that function wasn’t available. One person was told by MSC that there would be an announcement about this on Monday. 

• Like 1

Seaside and Meraviglia are undergoing schedule and itinerary changes, a lot of Seaside sailings have been moved to sail on Meraviglia for Nov 20 - Mar 21. All of the passengers booked on Seaside on another forum I belong to have logged into the MSC For Me app and their booking is now showing that they will be on Meraviglia.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for your comments and information.  I don’t think we will go with the Meraviglia switch unless it still goes to Genoa, Italy as that was our final destination on the Seaside (21 nights).

On 6/21/2020 at 7:41 AM, FengShui@Sea said:

Thanks everyone for your comments and information.  I don’t think we will go with the Meraviglia switch unless it still goes to Genoa, Italy as that was our final destination on the Seaside (21 nights).

Just saw this on their website now.

IMPACTED SAILINGS

MSC SEASIDE:
Canceled: all 7-night itineraries from Miami departing every Saturday from October 31, 2020 - March 20, 2021
Repositioning cruise from Miami to Genoa originally departing March 27, 2021, will now depart from Port Canaveral on March 28, 2021
New itineraries: MSC Seaside will now sail for the first time from Port Canaveral offering 3, 4 & 7-night cruises

26 minutes ago, lovemycruisetoo said:

Just saw this on their website now.

IMPACTED SAILINGS

MSC SEASIDE:
Canceled: all 7-night itineraries from Miami departing every Saturday from October 31, 2020 - March 20, 2021
Repositioning cruise from Miami to Genoa originally departing March 27, 2021, will now depart from Port Canaveral on March 28, 2021
New itineraries: MSC Seaside will now sail for the first time from Port Canaveral offering 3, 4 & 7-night cruises

Thanks so much for this.  If we get to stay on the Seaside rather than the Meraviglia I will be thrilled.