Carnival Panorama for this Princess Cruiser?

nini

2 hours ago, Roscoe13 said:

My point exactly!  Hence the question of April?

So the 76 year old poster was incorrect with his April recollection and I was as well since the Panorama started in December of  2019 . Since it's  a west coast embarkation,   I don't  keep track of those things since those sailings will never be on my radar since I have done the Mexican Riviera already.

18 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

So the 76 year old poster was incorrect with his April recollection and I was as well since the Panorama started in December of  2019 . Since it's  a west coast embarkation,   I don't  keep track of those things since those sailings will never be on my radar since I have done the Mexican Riviera already.

Well, that was a long road to find out that you could have let the poster I quoted respond as to which month they sailed the Panorama. 

The options are December 2019 or January, February or even very early March of 2020. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Roscoe13 said:

Well, that was a long road to find out that you could have let the poster I quoted respond as to which month they sailed the Panorama. 

The options are December 2019 or January, February or even very early March of 2020. 

The poster you're referring to posts about 5 times per month, so don't hold your breath.

• 1 month later...

Following since we just booked a Nov 2022 cruise on Panorama. Like the OP I've been on Princess and Holland but never Carnival. I decided to go with Carnival for the price and the fact we're going with 2 other families. 

We splurged and went with the Havana rooms so we have rooms 6474, 6478 and 6480.  Our reservations are linked - what else do we need/want to know?

On 6/21/2020 at 6:22 PM, aaconsumer55 said:

If you sail Panorama, get a Havana room - the experience is way better and way different in a positive way

I second this. Booked 2 cruises for 2021 in Havana Cabana 5240. Sailed early this year in Panorama Cabana 5238. You will LOVE IT.

I have done the Rivera on three different ships. Panorama in January was sublime. Never felt crowded, enjoyed all the food options, Punchliner comedy salon had everything except Rodney Dangerfield, and was just as funny.  Had a ton of fun relaxing. I liked that the excursion in PV boarded like a tender boat. No long waltz down the pier coming and going. The steakhouse rivals the five star restaurants where I work. The service is very nice, with truly friendly people doing everything possible for guests. 

Havana area is nice, and even less crowded. Consider though the weather in November is cooler and the pool area is not as attractive. Many people enjoy the area is free of youngsters. 

Everyone else has talked about the ship but the real difference is the passengers.  Platinum on Princess, Diamond on Carnival, all of Princess and almost all of Carnival have been out of Southern California. 3-14 day cruises on both lines.

Princess' atmosphere is, IMHO along the lines of 'country club' ( I always think of the one in Dirty Dancing), Carnival's is a bit 'Vegas', during the school year its like Vegas mid-week.  The best way to describe it is what's sang a Karaoke -  Baby Got Back on Carnival, Blue Suede Shoes on every Princess cruise. Carnival has a vibrancy the Princess doesn't have, can always find a quiet corner on a Carnival ship. 

Food is very subjective but only on Princess have we been served brown pineapple juice consistently on every cruise. Tasted fine, it was, just well, brown.

Both lines have excellent crew.  

• Like 1