Refund Instead of Future Cruise Credit

Flora Dora

I cancelled my Silversea cruise booking for 31 March a week before the cruise line cancelled the cruise.  I received a FFC but those who waited received the option of a 125% credit or a refund.

Does anybody have any experience with 'persuading' cruise lines to  exchange the FCC for a refund?   My husband is 87 and in poor health so  is unlikely to  be able to  use this credit. This was to  have been his last cruise.  

On 6/24/2020 at 9:37 PM, Flora Dora said:

I cancelled my Silversea cruise booking for 31 March a week before the cruise line cancelled the cruise.  I received a FFC but those who waited received the option of a 125% credit or a refund.

Does anybody have any experience with 'persuading' cruise lines to  exchange the FCC for a refund?   My husband is 87 and in poor health so  is unlikely to  be able to  use this credit. This was to  have been his last cruise.  

We had to cancel a cruise that we only had a deposit down on.  They applied it to future cruise credit.  I called and asked to have FCC refunded, and it was no problem.  It did take a while (70 days) but we got it.  

Now, that was another cruise line, so I'd suggest you give yours a call and ask.

1 hour ago, Silver Sweethearts said:

If you aren't able to get the refund you wish, you might consider the following (from a Silversea website):  

"Future Cruise Credits are transferable to family and friends, and can be used partially and applied on more than one new booking."

Thank you, I wasn't aware of that.

You should ask on the silver sea page. It’s entirely dependent on cruise line. Many have taken the stance that since you cancelled when they were offering FCC then you no longer had a reservation when they offered a refund.