UK Best Price Guarantee

Hi

Has anyone had confirmation of what this actually covers?  It’s under the cruise with confidence terms section, but the ‘free cancellations’ and ‘redeem future cruise credits’ wordings have more detail about dates etc, the price guarantee doesn’t (Wording below). I’ll try and call them tomorrow but wondering if anyone had already had the same question answered. 

Best Price Guarantee

Take advantage of a better price up to 48 hours before your sail date — just give us a call. You’ll receive the difference as a non refundable onboard credit inside final payment or rate adjustment outside final payment

My SiL called, booked with UK TA ( who operates out of FL) and quoted the info ^... price reduction applied without a bat of eyelid or any argument!  Cruise is next July. 

And others have it in writing from the rci uk Fb site that it is not a “ once only” reduction... can be applied multiple times if valid. 

bonne chance

Edited by little britain

Thanks for your reply. Booking US TA was $500 more right now for me like for like. As it’s vague I was deciding between using that ‘new condition’ as I had a $500 FCC which couldn’t be used on a UK booking anyway, but before I pressed go I was interested to see if anyone UK had had this clarified by an agent. 

1 minute ago, little britain said:

My SiL called, booked with UK TA ( who operates out of FL) and quoted the info ^... price reduction applied without a bat of eyelid or any argument!  Cruise is next July. 

And others have it in writing from the rci uk Fb site that it is not a “ once only” reduction... can be applied multiple times if valid. 

bonne chance

Thanks for the info - interesting change maybe it will become permenant 🤞

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

I assumed the OP was asking about the price drop inside final payment feature - I have not read anyone report that yet.

No sorry to be clear I was asking about a new booking. UK booking rules normally mean original booking price is the price, tough luck, no price drops, inside or outside of final payment. Hence why I normally use US TA for US booking rules 

1 minute ago, newxmascruiser said:

Hence why I normally use US TA for US booking rules 

For CWC, it doesn't seem to matter where you book, the rules are the same - well, will have to see if they are the same, once someone tries to get a price drop inside final payment.

Well UK site according to the bit I posted says inside final is applied as OBC but as per my original question it has no date terms around it..So we will see what others report..I rolled the dice and went with US TA as price drops closer to sail generally happen on US site rather than UK IME. If anyone I UK based is interested I’m happy to keep comparing and report back whether it pays off or not 

9 hours ago, newxmascruiser said:

Thanks for your reply. Booking US TA was $500 more right now for me like for like. As it’s vague I was deciding between using that ‘new condition’ as I had a $500 FCC which couldn’t be used on a UK booking anyway, but before I pressed go I was interested to see if anyone UK had had this clarified by an agent. 

Oh yes you can get $ FCC applied to £ booking.

I have that reconfirmed in the past few weeks, as I have done this (£ to $) in the past.   You are just at the mercy of what exchange rate they decide to use! 

Edited by little britain

10 hours ago, newxmascruiser said:

Well UK site according to the bit I posted says inside final is applied as OBC but as per my original question it has no date terms around it

The terms of the CWC for this perk I think says you have to book by August 1.

I called RCI UK last week about a price reduction for a cruise next May (booked directly with RCI) and the agent I spoke with said they would process the price reduction and that I would receive confirmation email within 24-48 hours, but no confirmation email yet. Does it normally take longer, anyone know? 

Edited by TeDaKi

17 minutes ago, TeDaKi said:

I called RCI UK last week about a price reduction for a cruise next May (booked directly with RCI) and the agent I spoke with said they would process the price reduction and that I would receive confirmation email within 24-48 hours, but no confirmation email yet. Does it normally take longer, anyone know? 

Still waiting on mine over a month lol 

I've booked for April .... a few days later the price dropped. I emailed and the TA gave a warning that you're only allowed to do one price drop and was I sure I wanted to use it now. I said to them that's not what RCI website says and I asked before I booked (in email) if it would be following RCI terms. I understand why the TA said it (they probably don't want me phoning everytime the price drops £5 but that's life and that's RCI's fault not mine)...they adjusted no problem. 

What I will say is you fully adjust to the new price (I booked when they were giving obc...if the price drops and the obc disappears then you will lose yours too).

6 minutes ago, amurray88 said:

What I will say is you fully adjust to the new price (I booked when they were giving obc...if the price drops and the obc disappears then you will lose yours too).

Yes, just like those booking under North American terms it is not just the price.  It is whatever promotion is in place at the time which includes OBC

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Yes, just like those booking under North American terms it is not just the price.  It is whatever promotion is in place at the time which includes OBC

I like this way though..... worst thing for me is paying for a cruise (or anything for that fact) and then the next day the price comes away down.

Makes sense (to me) that if you buy early then the company rewards you with best prices.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, amurray88 said:

I've booked for April .... a few days later the price dropped. I emailed and the TA gave a warning that you're only allowed to do one price drop and was I sure I wanted to use it now. I said to them that's not what RCI website says and I asked before I booked (in email) if it would be following RCI terms. I understand why the TA said it (they probably don't want me phoning everytime the price drops £5 but that's life and that's RCI's fault not mine)...they adjusted no problem. 

My travel agent managed to get a price drop on our junior suite on Allure for next year and they agreed to transfer over the $200 OBC attached to the old booking even though it wasnt part of the new promotion. Had to speak to 3 different operators but she got there in the end!

15 hours ago, TeDaKi said:

What does it show in your account if you go to pay off the balance? 

I have 2 cruises booked for next year - Anthem (Jan) and Odyssey (May). When the new policy was announced I checked my Anthem and say it had reduced about £180 so I made a quick call and had the new cost applied. I was told that I would receive a confirmation within 1 week. A few weeks later we saw a similar price drop on our Odyssey and called again. As well as getting the price drop applied I did ask if there was any update on our Anthem as we hadn't received anything to confirm ie new invoice. He checked and said it was still being processed. He then said it takes 1-2 weeks to process.

Fast forward a few weeks back and still haven't heard anything on either cruise in terms of confirmation. Rather than phoning again I went to 'manage my booking' and went to the pay off balance section. Both cruises are now showing the remaining balance is the lower cost (minus deposit).

I am guessing that there is just an issue with the sending out of the invoices. Saying that I didn't receive one of the emails from Royal confirming our FCC (only new about it when we called to check).

• 2 months later...

This is what the US site says....different then before.  This was listed for a random dummy booking under the cancellation policy where the final price is......It is different then before.  It says you will have 48hrs after booking

Best Price Guarantee

You will have 48 hours after you reserve to find a lower price. If you do, you will receive 100% of the difference applied to your reservation as an onboard credit. This lowest rate must be a rate publicly advertised by Royal Caribbean International. Program terms and conditions apply.

Edited by junior8
wording

3 hours ago, junior8 said:

This is what the US site says....different then before.  This was listed for a random dummy booking under the cancellation policy where the final price is......It is different then before.  It says you will have 48hrs after booking

Best Price Guarantee

You will have 48 hours after you reserve to find a lower price. If you do, you will receive 100% of the difference applied to your reservation as an onboard credit. This lowest rate must be a rate publicly advertised by Royal Caribbean International. Program terms and conditions apply.

That is something entirely different.

The other posters were talking about the best price guarantee under the Cruise with Confidence policy that allows price drops up to 48 hours prior to sailing.

The policy you quoted refers to finding a lower price within 48 hours of booking and has been in place for years.

With the new CWC policy this old policy is essentially worthless as the new policy cover more.  

On 7/4/2020 at 1:05 PM, 38anchor said:

I have 2 cruises booked for next year - Anthem (Jan) and Odyssey (May). When the new policy was announced I checked my Anthem and say it had reduced about £180 so I made a quick call and had the new cost applied. I was told that I would receive a confirmation within 1 week. A few weeks later we saw a similar price drop on our Odyssey and called again. As well as getting the price drop applied I did ask if there was any update on our Anthem as we hadn't received anything to confirm ie new invoice. He checked and said it was still being processed. He then said it takes 1-2 weeks to process.

Fast forward a few weeks back and still haven't heard anything on either cruise in terms of confirmation. Rather than phoning again I went to 'manage my booking' and went to the pay off balance section. Both cruises are now showing the remaining balance is the lower cost (minus deposit).

I am guessing that there is just an issue with the sending out of the invoices. Saying that I didn't receive one of the emails from Royal confirming our FCC (only new about it when we called to check).

Wouldn't worry about the lack of new invoice. I haven't had any new invoices through and have called for multiple price drops.

When I go onto the 'pay balance' section I can see that the owed balance is exactly what I'm expecting it to be with the new price applied so I know it has been changed over successfully.

They shouldn't be telling everyone a new invoice will follow though when their systems are so poor and don't see capable of doing that.