A when do Viking shore excursions get posted?

jebbs

Hi all,

I’m 110 days before sailing, and I am unable to review offered shore excursions.  As first selection is at 107 days, I’m wondering what is going on.

Any insight is very much appreciated.

It is a one of cruise, Lisbon to Miami....two stops in Azores, then overnight in Bermuda.

Hopefully, they are working on details and not thinking of cancelling.

Thank you for your help. 

3 hours ago, Sapphire_07 said:

My cruise begins on July 9, 2021.  MVJ shows my excursions will be available for bookings on April 23, 2021.

a couple of things to note...

There are two different dates in play in this conversation:

• the first date is when Viking loads the shorex in so that they can be viewed by all pax; while the aim for 120 days it could be earlier and it could be later. IMHO, don't worry about this one until it gets to be around 90 days (unless you are in an Explorer's Suite)
  • the second is when booking opens for your category, which is a fixed date. If it isn't on MVJ, you will find it on your Viking Guest Statement (which you should have received from Viking or your TA when you first booked with updates every time you make a payment).

Also, there are two different versions of MVJ being used right now because they are in the process of rolling out an update. They are not the same. You may read something about MVJ and go to find the feature and not be able to find it because the person who made the statement is on a different version of MVJ. Example: On the old version, the shorex page will tell you the target date for loading in shorex and once they are loaded in, when you click on a given excursion, it will give you a countdown until booking. I don't have the new version, so I can't tell you what it does says. This may be very confusing until all of the accounts are upgraded.

18 minutes ago, Peregrina651 said:

a couple of things to note...

There are two different dates in play in this conversation:

• the first date is when Viking loads the shorex in so that they can be viewed by all pax; while the aim for 120 days it could be earlier and it could be later. IMHO, don't worry about this one until it gets to be around 90 days (unless you are in an Explorer's Suite)
  • the second is when booking opens for your category, which is a fixed date. If it isn't on MVJ, you will find it on your Viking Guest Statement (which you should have received from Viking or your TA when you first booked with updates every time you make a payment).

Also, there are two different versions of MVJ being used right now because they are in the process of rolling out an update. They are not the same. You may read something about MVJ and go to find the feature and not be able to find it because the person who made the statement is on a different version of MVJ. Example: On the old version, the shorex page will tell you the target date for loading in shorex and once they are loaded in, when you click on a given excursion, it will give you a countdown until booking. I don't have the new version, so I can't tell you what it does says. This may be very confusing until all of the accounts are upgraded.

I have the new version of MVJ.

16 minutes ago, Sapphire_07 said:

I have the new version of MVJ.

I thought so.😉  Because nowhere on the old version could I find where it gave the dates when I can start booking shorex. IMHO, it would be nice to have both bits of information on MVJ --when to expect to be able to view and when booking opens.

• Like 1