Viking "Guest Cancellation Invoice"

Hi, like many others we have had our cruise cancelled by Viking.

I was expecting a voucher for 125% of the cruise value but today I received a "Guest Cancellation Invoice" which lists the entire cruise charge as a "Cancellation Penalty".

Has anyone else experienced this?

I have issued a please explain to Viking (UK).

I was of the impression that if the company cancels they provide a full refund or give you the option of taking a future credit in excess of what is owed (i.e. 125%), so are you saying they've not refunded you anything?  Or were you expecting the 125% credit but instead only received your cash refund?

We got an email cancelling our cruise on 29th May with instructions to contact them by 12th June if we wanted a cash refund.

We didn't respond as we were happy with the 125% credit offered and expected to receive a credit voucher to that effect.

To date we have only received this mysterious Guest Cancellation Invoice.

I suspect (well hope) it's some sort of stuff up.

We hadn't received our promised FCV after a couple of months, so called them to ensure we hadn't fallen through the cracks. Sure enough, due to our unique experience at the conclusion of the WC, we were missed.

Within an hour of the call we had the vouchers emailed to us.

So suggest giving customer service a ring and you will get an answer and the issue resolved.

11 hours ago, Heidi13 said:

We hadn't received our promised FCV after a couple of months, so called them to ensure we hadn't fallen through the cracks. Sure enough, due to our unique experience at the conclusion of the WC, we were missed.

Within an hour of the call we had the vouchers emailed to us.

So suggest giving customer service a ring and you will get an answer and the issue resolved.

Thanks,

We have a time zone difference that makes calls a bit of a pain, but in response to my "please explain" email the FCV vouchers arrived the next day.

Strangely there is a separte voucher for each of us, despite it being a single booking. Is that normal?