Must have Insurance thru NCL to use FCC

visconti4

We are booked for cruise in Oct, pretty sure it's not going. We paid for some of the trip with FCC and made final payment in cash as to not lose the FCC. Now a few days ago we get an email that they are adding insurance to our cruise in order to use our FCC. When we rebooked no mention of this and have spoke with NCL several times about this cruise with no mention of this. Any one else have the same experience ? I never buy NCL insurance and don't feel I should be forced into buying it now that final payment has been made

• Like 1

I have a cruise booked and paid for entirely with FCC, and that is without the NCL insurance, as I have a all-year-travel-insurance with another company. And the rest of my FCC (not all was used to pay for that cruise) is just "sitting in my NCL account" waiting until I book another cruise... 

• Like 1

Wow, they are just relentless!  I've never bought cruise line insurance and always buy it through a third party.  This does not sound legal (or ethical) to me.  I've been on the fence about cancelling my two future bookings for next year since I only have small deposits on each but this is the sort of behavior that will make me decide I won't sail with NCL again.  I feel like we've put up with quite enough now!

• Like 2

Haha. What is legal or ethical doesn't concern NCL. They havevdemonsteated yet again, they have no ethics  After they issue tons of FCC, they're gonna charge you to use them? Why would we expect anything less from them, though? Moving the goal posts after the game starts. Guess that "lesser" value cash refund isn't so lesser value is it? Oh, I forgot, they don't issue those timely either.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, twinsandanother said:

57847675-C501-44C1-A207-D441AAAEDF8D.jpeg

"we have taken the liberty of adding it for you."   What the H*ll are they taking the liberty for something that you didn't ask for or want just to use a "FCC" ...That's a bunch of Bullsh*t!!! 

Tell me if that was disclosed when you were issued the FCC??? I bet NOT....SHEESH!!!

Only tells me that they are fishing for ways to gain any extra $$$$ at any cost......Not good business in my book.

Edited by bpphoto
  • Like 2

ncl can kiss my grits.  im getting a little annoyed with their antics as of late.  not very impressed with them and after i use this fcc ,will likely not sail with them again and stick to royal,celbrity and carnival. 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, blcruising said:

Haha. What is legal or ethical doesn't concern NCL. They havevdemonsteated yet again, they have no ethics  After they issue tons of FCC, they're gonna charge you to use them? Why would we expect anything less from them, though? Moving the goal posts after the game starts. Guess that "lesser" value cash refund isn't so lesser value is it? Oh, I forgot, they don't issue those timely either.

how can they legally do this?, with so many stuck and not able to get a cash refund.   i hope many do a charge back on the credit cards. 

• Like 1

This does not make any senses at all. Hope this was an error. If NCL said to add it or you need to purchase it after making final payments, it does not do any good right now. It would just be in FCC as insurance credit / only used for insurance for the next cruise.

• Like 1

The way I read the email, it seems that you just have to have travel insurance.  Would third party insurance be acceptable?  If so, this seems like less of a problem.  However, forcing you to buy the NCL version does seem wrong.

1 hour ago, rebeccac said:

The way I read the email, it seems that you just have to have travel insurance.  

That is not at all what the email says. What it says is you can't use the FCC unless travel insurance is added to your reservation. Third party insurance would never be added to your reservation.

Everyone needs solid third party travel insurance if you choose to do business with unethical, Norwegian Cruise Lies.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, visconti4 said:

It is added onto our vacation summary. It is not a scam. My bill says I now owe more money

Did you try to remove it?

Are people talking about using FCC from a cancelled cruise?  I applied a purchased FCC for an Escape booking on which I owe a balance and have received no email about insurance. 

I also purchase an annual policy.  Wasted money for 2020 so I'll let it expire and then purchase just before I resume travel (hopefully in mid-January 2021 - I have 5 cruises booked and a hold on another!).