Divina switch to Meraviglia summer 2021

abe3

Looks like we were switched from the Divina to the Meraviglia June 12 2021. Saw it on our online reservation through MSC. We are only assigned guarantee yacht club deluxe so far but also received $200 obc. Very excited about the change and hope it will sail next June!  

Your sailing is far off enough that the change from Sunday to Saturday shouldn't be a problem.  Still no sign of what happens to Divina from December, 2020 to November, 2021.

1 hour ago, abe3 said:

Looks like we were switched from the Divina to the Meraviglia June 12 2021. Saw it on our online reservation through MSC. We are only assigned guarantee yacht club deluxe so far but also received $200 obc. Very excited about the change and hope it will sail next June!  

Sailing from Miami or Port Canaveral?  I am getting confused as to which ship is supposed to sail from what port.

Not an issue to us on the change of Sunday to Saturday. Also not much of a difference from Port Canaveral (where Divina is supposed to be) to Miami. I much prefer Miami IMO. Just happy we got the switch and finally find out the status of our reservation. I was excited to try the Divina but we love the Meraviglia from our last cruise. 

I have heard that there is supposed to be some announcements on Monday with MSC and hopefully it will give more about the Divina and it’s itinerary. 

6 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

Sailing from Miami or Port Canaveral?  I am getting confused as to which ship is supposed to sail from what port.

From Miami for the meraviglia. Divina is supposed to be at Port Canaveral

Edited by abe3

Just check the dates of your cruise of interest.  MSC is starting cruises from Port Canaveral with Seaside on 1 Nov 2020 with 3, 4, 7 day with 7 + 3 and 7 + 4 b2b itineraries.  Divina will take over those itineraries on 28 March 2021 as her new homeport.  

22 hours ago, kelleherdl said:

Just check the dates of your cruise of interest.  MSC is starting cruises from Port Canaveral with Seaside on 1 Nov 2020 with 3, 4, 7 day with 7 + 3 and 7 + 4 b2b itineraries.  Divina will take over those itineraries on 28 March 2021 as her new homeport.  

Thank you for this information.  

Thanks OP, my TA just emailed me that my August 15th Divina was switch to Meraviglia Aug 14.

I'm curious as to how they are going to do this, as I am booked for 4 in a cabin (YC) and there's only 4-8 rooms that can accomodate, where as on the Divina, there's over 20 years of 3+.

I'd better not get a regular cabin...

1 hour ago, xcell said:

Thanks OP, my TA just emailed me that my August 15th Divina was switch to Meraviglia Aug 14.

I'm curious as to how they are going to do this, as I am booked for 4 in a cabin (YC) and there's only 4-8 rooms that can accomodate, where as on the Divina, there's over 20 years of 3+.

I'd better not get a regular cabin...

You are supposed to get the cabin cat. you originally booked or higher. So you should not get a regular cabin. 

we are in yacht club in a deluxe balcony and have a guaranteed deluxe balcony, but no cabin assignment yet.   Crossing our finger to an upgrade the duplex but doubt that will happen. Still happy with the ship change and the obc given to us!  

Edited by abe3

1 hour ago, abe3 said:

You are supposed to get the cabin cat. you originally booked or higher. So you should not get a regular cabin. 

we are in yacht club in a deluxe balcony and have a guaranteed deluxe balcony, but no cabin assignment yet.   Crossing our finger to an upgrade the duplex but doubt that will happen. Still happy with the ship change and the obc given to us!  

But not sure how they will be able to accomodate everyone who booked 3+ in the YC if they all want to go as there are only limited quads in Meraviglia. It would have been better if they moved it to the Seaside or Seashore or Seaview.

On 7/5/2020 at 9:35 PM, abe3 said:

Not an issue to us on the change of Sunday to Saturday. Also not much of a difference from Port Canaveral (where Divina is supposed to be) to Miami. I much prefer Miami IMO. Just happy we got the switch and finally find out the status of our reservation. I was excited to try the Divina but we love the Meraviglia from our last cruise. 

I have heard that there is supposed to be some announcements on Monday with MSC and hopefully it will give more about the Divina and it’s itinerary. 

We are booked on the Seaside TA in March , not had official notification yet of all our changes to our reservation   i.e.  change of embarkation port, change of date ( one day less ) , change of cabin from the one booked  . Interesting that you think 214 miles is not much of a difference for those who may have booked flights into Miami already and now have to get to Port Canaveral 😡 .Thank goodness for us we don’t fall into that camp but others have booked hotels and flights and now have to book some method of getting to Port Canaveral , not everything comes  with a free cancellation . That is the biggest thing learned with the pandemic , always ,always book travel with free cancellation. 

After doing several cruises with MSC this is the first time we will be  experiencing their customer service or lack of and look forward to receiving their ‘ offer ‘ when we eventually get it. Thank goodness for CC and social media otherwise we would have been clueless!! 

Edited by heatherb1958