NCL/Royal Caribbean Partner on Safety Protocols

44 minutes ago, cruisingator2 said:

The headline implied in the link wording is misleading. August 31 is the date the group hopes to have its recommendations ready for submission to NCLH and Royal Caribbean. The recommendations would then have to be reviewed by each company, revised if necessary, and then submitted to the CDC for its review and approval. 

Even if everything goes smoothly I can't imagine having an approved plan in place before October, which would likely mean cruising could not resume for some time thereafter.

Edited by njhorseman

3 hours ago, njhorseman said:

The headline implied in the link wording is misleading. August 31 is the date the group hopes to have its recommendations ready for submission to NCLH and Royal Caribbean. The recommendations would then have to be reviewed by each company, revised if necessary, and then submitted to the CDC for its review and approval. 

Even if everything goes smoothly I can't imagine having an approved plan in place before October, which would likely mean cruising could not resume for some time thereafter.

Exactly right; just a way to kick the can down the road; FdR is in no hurry to get back to cruising; he said as much on CNBC today; he even mentioned that Oceania and Regent could be even longer.

17 hours ago, hamrag said:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/cruise-ship-travel

This will put the reins on any Brits planning/hoping to cruise in the coming months!! Nothing to stop us travelling to cruise, but no insurer would cover the trip!

Todays Daily Mail take on this story!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8507291/Foreign-Office-tells-tourists-not-cruises-coronavirus-risk.html

On 7/7/2020 at 1:05 PM, mrlevin said:

FdR is in no hurry to get back to cruising; he said as much on CNBC today; he even mentioned that Oceania and Regent could be even longer.

Interesting -- I missed that interview. Did he say why he is not in a rush? I mean, I understand that there is a huge amount of work to be done in terms of health planning, but I would have figured he would be focused on generating revenue.

3 hours ago, 98420934 said:

Interesting -- I missed that interview. Did he say why he is not in a rush? I mean, I understand that there is a huge amount of work to be done in terms of health planning, but I would have figured he would be focused on generating revenue.

He didn't use those words.  He said that NCLH has funds to survive until end of 2021 and he didn't think pause would last that long.  His body language and lack of interaction with Richard Fain showed distance and a dislike of being interviewed.

Just me two sense.

Marc