Final payment due 18 July 2020

gordylad

59 minutes ago, lovescarborough said:

We have a Jan 2021 cruise booked on Equinox. As we also booked onboard we booked our own flights pre Covid so now we have the problem of what to do if we move the cruise and the flights are still going ahead ? 

Our cruise has just moved over from Feb next year to Feb 2022, just not comfortable with the way things are going. I feel for you with the flights, we held off thankfully. I take it you can’t ask about moving the flights and do what we did and lift and shift the cruise ?

Sadly there will be no more cruising in 2020.  We had one cancelled in April and cancelled 2 more before final for this fall. At first I was hopeful but no longer.  This virus is not going anywhere quickly.  I’m still hoping for April 2021 but if I see no movement prior to final payment I won’t be paying that one either.  It took months for my April 2020 refund, months too long.  

I did get a chuckle the other day.  I had requested that the insurance we paid for our April be re issued for October. It finally came thru 3 months later....for the October one we had to cancel.  

18 hours ago, yorky said:

Our cruise has just moved over from Feb next year to Feb 2022, just not comfortable with the way things are going. I feel for you with the flights, we held off thankfully. I take it you can’t ask about moving the flights and do what we did and lift and shift the cruise ?

We've just taken the decision to lift and shift to Jan 2022. Celebrity website says we only had until 1st August to do it. Was amazed we could keep the same price and perks even though the same cruise in 2022 was priced at more than our current deal with no perks either!  Crazy prices. Now trying to see if Virgin will allow us to cancel and take a credit to use when flights are available for 2022. Sad times but nothing else we can do. 

We cancelled before final payment and moved our Nov. '20 cruise to next Nov....didn't consider the Spring of '21...this virus is going to take a long time to work itself out and make healthy travel possible again.  Hopefully even this future date will be doable.

Re our purchased flights, the airline gave us a future credit usable within 2 years.  Would have preferred refund in cash but we know at some point we'll use the credit - even if it's not for a cruise - and we stay healthy.

Edited by oceangoer2

Was looking today as final payment for our October 26th cruise on the Equinox is in a couple weeks.

Have fully come to terms that this cruise is not going to happen so I have no desire to give Celebrity any more money. ( Took nearly 90 days to receive my refund from a Mid April cruise that was cancelled in March)

Wanted to L&S however the only cruise I can do this for is on the Constellation. A step down from the Equinox. We have sailed on the Infinity but was in Aqua Class. We would just be in a regular Balcony stateroom for this cruise.

The Connie was supposed to be fully revolutionized in May but that was scrapped and now may never happen.

Just feeling very conflicted. L&S or just get my $1000 deposit back.

11 minutes ago, pixiedust777 said:

Was looking today as final payment for our October 26th cruise on the Equinox is in a couple weeks.

Have fully come to terms that this cruise is not going to happen so I have no desire to give Celebrity any more money. ( Took nearly 90 days to receive my refund from a Mid April cruise that was cancelled in March)

Wanted to L&S however the only cruise I can do this for is on the Constellation. A step down from the Equinox. We have sailed on the Infinity but was in Aqua Class. We would just be in a regular Balcony stateroom for this cruise.

The Connie was supposed to be fully revolutionized in May but that was scrapped and now may never happen.

Just feeling very conflicted. L&S or just get my $1000 deposit back.

Everyone’s personal opinions differ, but IF I couldn’t decide on an appropriate L&S, I would be cancelling and getting those $ back.   We had 2 booked, cancelled 1 (for refund) and moved out the other.

54 minutes ago, Where2next10 said:So the State Attorney

General's Office asked me to file a complaint. Everyone should file a complaint to their State Attorney General office. Also, was instructed to file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission and the Better Business Bureau. What these cruise companies are doing is using their Cancellation Policies as a way to obtain free monies as a loan to keep their business going then if/when they cancel the cruise, they take a long time to give back the cash refund. I was also told Celebrity can wait until 30 days prior to the sail date to cancel their cruises. So I say then I should have up until 30 days prior to sailing to pay in full! 

Where2next10, 

You brought up an interesting point, because I have identical situation with you. We can join forces to fight their fraudulent arguments. Please contact me at pochtazz at hotmail.com

Thanks Tanya