Reservation not appearing/lost?

DCCyclist

Hi Everyone!

I recently made a reservation directly through NCL's site that I had on hold. As I was within the final payment period, the cruise needed to be paid in full, which was done on my end. I did receive an alert from my credit card company and an authorization also appeared on the credit card website for NCL RESERVATIONS. However, as of today, the booking does not appear on the NCL.com site when I log in. 

I called NCL and they were not able to pull the reservation and would need to "speak with a supervisor" and then get back with me the following day. Not receiving a call back, I reached out to NCL again and got the same message that they are still looking into this. Even though I have a reservation number and my credit card has now been charged, I find it odd that they are not able to pull up a reservation and that it's not appearing on my NCL.com account. Has anyone else ever experienced something like this?

Thanks in advance for any feedback and I apologize if this question has been asked before in the forum.

12 hours ago, DCCyclist said:

Hi Everyone!

I recently made a reservation directly through NCL's site that I had on hold. As I was within the final payment period, the cruise needed to be paid in full, which was done on my end. I did receive an alert from my credit card company and an authorization also appeared on the credit card website for NCL RESERVATIONS. However, as of today, the booking does not appear on the NCL.com site when I log in. 

I called NCL and they were not able to pull the reservation and would need to "speak with a supervisor" and then get back with me the following day. Not receiving a call back, I reached out to NCL again and got the same message that they are still looking into this. Even though I have a reservation number and my credit card has now been charged, I find it odd that they are not able to pull up a reservation and that it's not appearing on my NCL.com account. Has anyone else ever experienced something like this?

Thanks in advance for any feedback and I apologize if this question has been asked before in the forum.

When this happens, as to be transferred to Technical Support. The minimum wage call center agent has no ability to help you if it does not come up. Tech Support can actually look into the resy system and fix broken records. 

I have had this happen on other cruise lines' sites. I needed to clear out the cache on my web browser and delete cookies. I know it sounds like a very simple solution, but it's worked for me more than once. (I assume OP has already tried this, but just in case...)

1 hour ago, Budget Queen said:

What cruise ship and date?   

Did you book online?   You were logged into your Latitudes account?    You got a cruise confirmation?  

Is the charge still on your credit card?    

1 hour ago, DCCyclist said:

It was on the Encore for a 10/20/2020 sailing out of NYC to Bermuda.

I hate to say it, but is it possible that cruise is going to be in the next batch to be canceled??   I heard from another group travel agents met with NCL on zoom, next batch of cancellations for October/November will be rolling out next week😢😢😢

2 hours ago, Budget Queen said:

Did you book online?   You were logged into your Latitudes account?    You got a cruise confirmation?  

Is the charge still on your credit card?    

I booked directly online with NCL under my Latitudes account. No confirmation from NCL but the charge is still on my card. They (NCL) said I should hear something by Friday. We shall see. 🤪

2 hours ago, Iworktocruiseandtravel said:

I hate to say it, but is it possible that cruise is going to be in the next batch to be canceled??   I heard from another group travel agents met with NCL on zoom, next batch of cancellations for October/November will be rolling out next week😢😢😢

Sadly...this is what I expected.  

1 hour ago, DCCyclist said:

I booked directly online with NCL under my Latitudes account. No confirmation from NCL but the charge is still on my card. They (NCL) said I should hear something by Friday. We shall see. 🤪

You should have gotten a confirmation? 

16 hours ago, Budget Queen said:

You should have gotten a confirmation? 

Agree. Anytime I have booked myself online, even with a courtesy hold...I get an immediate confirmation email sent to me.

Looks like it's one of the two things: 1) it many be canned, or 2) it may be changed from 5 day to 7 days.

When I see on NCL.com I'm seeing an Oct 13-20 (Tues-Tues) out of NYC to FL and Bahamas .... FL is a very hot spot so I expect this cruise to be canned as well, hence option 2 to increase # days from 5 to 7 for your cruise, making the Bermuda cruises 7 days instead of 5 for October.

Strange that NCL would let you book the cruise.

P.S. our airport (Bermuda) reopened last week and so far the Delta flights from Atlanta this week brought 3 positive cases 😷😠 Prior to that Bermuda had been virus free for more than 2 weeks. It is very easy to become infected while travelling - in airports and on planes. The Delta flights brought only 40-50 people each time.

No other flights except for once weekly Air Canada from Toronto (clean so far). British Airways starts flying in from London next - heaven forbids!! No American Airlines from either JFK or Miami until Sept.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, DCCyclist said:

Is the charge on your Credit Card-  still there?   A permanent charge,  and not "temporary"?       

Very strange indeed,  especially without an immediate,  email confirmation?      

1 hour ago, Budget Queen said:

Is the charge on your Credit Card-  still there?   A permanent charge,  and not "temporary"?       

Very strange indeed,  especially without an immediate,  email confirmation?      

It went from an authorization today to a posted charge. I will give NCL one more day before calling in again. Not worth stressing over at least. 

18 minutes ago, DCCyclist said:

I sure hope not. This would be my 4th canceled cruise due to the pandemic. 

I've had 8 canceled since April.    🙂    3 more booked this year-  which I expect all of them to cancel too.  🙂