New Info for travel to Tahiti

jumelle

This is getting dicey. Get your test three days before departure, the Tahiti Nui suggested test site in LA can have results within 48 hours, that leaves a pretty tense last day before departure. I’m doubtful that this is sustainable but I’m glad that our departure is not until late April, 2021. Hopefully this would be revised to a workable procedure long before then. 

We had a cruise book for December to Tahiti.  We are going to cancel because we are not going to spend all that money for a cruise and airfare and be forced to take tests and wear masks.

I don’t mind the test and mask, just seems impossible to get the test 72 hours before departure and get results back. We’ll be traveling from Ga and a  chance on finding out after we get to California that our test are positive. Too much money to risk. 

My flights are on United from SF. So far, no info from them as to how the testing will be handled. I have some time for the details to be worked out, my cruise is in January. But if the details aren't settled by my final paynment date of Oct. 6 I will cancel. I don't want to pay and then decide later to cancel and have a big credit with Windstar. The only time I cruise wit hWidstar is if there is a great bargain since I find them to be very expensive as compared to Oceania. One of the reasons I am taking the Tahiti cruise was because it was so cheap compared to the regular price of the 7 day Dreams of Tahiti cruise. It was a one time only covid bargain. I also got a bargain on the amount of points needed for the plane tickets. Plus friends were going to go with us but they are going to cancel as they are hiding in fear in their home and not going out until a vaccine is in place.

Edited by susiesan