what to do?

TN Fem

We have a New Zealand/Aus cruise booked on the Oosterdam for Christmas. It seems highly unlikely that it will actually allow Americans onboard. 

When deciding which cruise to do this year our other choice was the Singapore to Hong Kong cruise at Christmas. 

Now in the time of Covid... what to do. Hope that we get to go to NZ/Aus? Move to the Asia cruise? or play it safe at book something out of Florida for Christmas?  

FWIW we are sitting on about $10k in FCC that can't be applied to our currently booked cruise because we booked it before Covid. 

Just now, TN Fem said:

We have a New Zealand/Aus cruise booked on the Oosterdam for Christmas. It seems highly unlikely that it will actually allow Americans onboard. 

When deciding which cruise to do this year our other choice was the Singapore to Hong Kong cruise at Christmas. 

Now in the time of Covid... what to do. Hope that we get to go to NZ/Aus? Move to the Asia cruise? or play it safe at book something out of Florida for Christmas?  

FWIW we are sitting on about $10k in FCC that can't be applied to our currently booked cruise because we booked it before Covid. 

I would imagine that sailing out of Florida for this coming Christmas would be highly unlikely considering the level of infection in the southern part of Florida. IMO

I’d be tempted to consider flying IF New Zealand and Australia will let you in.

They are being very careful there understandably and I wouldn’t bet on being able to get there this year.  Things may change.  But, so far, I haven’t seen any indications that they will 😞 I’d wait a bit and see if there is improvement.  If not, I wouldn’t count on going anywhere outside of the U.S. in the near future.  JMO.

I would be VERY surprised if Australia opened it's borders let alone let cruise ships in.

Lots of bad feelings toward the cruise lines in Australia since the covid fiasco.

Plus a big problem/lockdown in Victoria at the moment.

Edited by iancal

Friends that live in Sydney said that it's unlikely they'll even be allowed OUT of Australia until mid-2021, so there's no way they're going to let anyone in before that, and especially not from the US.  I know it's still 5 months away, but why anyone would want to plan a cruise anywhere before next year is beyond me.  Good luck if you do.