Operation restart

WorldTraveler151208

17 minutes ago, sidari said:

My understanding was that only German Nationals would be allowed onboard these TUI ships same as Aida.

As far as I know, as long as you can enter Germany, you can go on a TUI or AIDA cruise without any problems. I am not a German citizen either and I didn’t have any problems with booking.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Preziosa said:

Nothing in the rules says something about masks......

Yes, there is information about masks, unfortunately on the TUI website everything is in German. The following sentence comes from the German website of TUI Cruises, concerning the nose and mouth cover. You can eventually check it out on Google Translator if you want to know the details:
“ Überall dort, wo dieser Abstand nicht einzuhalten ist, bitten wir zum gegenseitigen Schutz um das Tragen eines Mund-Nasen-Schutzes. Dies betrifft beispielsweise Fahrstühle, Treppenhäuser und Kabinenflure. Einige Mitarbeiter werden Gesichtsschutzschilder tragen, während sie Sie bedienen. Andere Crewmitglieder sind – je nach Tätigkeitsfeld - mit Mund-Nasen-Schutz, Schutzbrillen und/oder Einmalhandschuhen ausgestattet.”

1 hour ago, Preziosa said:

Nothing in the rules says something about masks......

I booked a cruise through MSC US last week and the phone agent told me they are now required to tell customers that a mask will be mandatory on the ships.  The cruise is for Spring 2022 on Seashore so hopefully the rules will be relaxed by then.

11 hours ago, Até said:

I booked a cruise through MSC US last week and the phone agent told me they are now required to tell customers that a mask will be mandatory on the ships.  The cruise is for Spring 2022 on Seashore so hopefully the rules will be relaxed by then.

But what about those who have argued on other threads about why, when terms & conditions change, then those applicable at the time of booking should apply! On that basis, even if not required, don't you think those who booked under such terms should wear them? 😂 😂

• Haha 1

The terms and conditions have always had language about passenger's conduct regarding endangering other passengers and crew so I really don't think the terms are going to help anyone not wanting to wear a mask if governments/authorities decide it is a necessary requirement for safe cruising.  It's also doubtful that MSC will consider a mask mandate a viable reason to let people out of their bookings. 

I have no bookings where I am locked in until I can see how different cruising will be when it returns.  By the time cruising restarts I think there will be few people left who didn't conscientiously make the choice to book, make final payment or take a FCC while fully knowing there was a pandemic and that cruising, like life everywhere, is going to be different for a while.  I'm sure there are some exceptions and hopefully the cruise lines will make accommodation for those people, especially such as at risk groups.

• 3 weeks later...

Msc wants to start with a cruise on MSC Grandiosa on August 16 from Genoa.  They are only waiting for the final approval from the Italian government. I noticed that in the original cruise schedule for this summer, Grandiosa was supposed to depart Genoa on the 16th as well. Now, it will also be a 7-day cruise, only the itinerary has been changed. Do you think that in this situation Msc will keep the reservations of passengers who have a booking for departure from Genoa on August 16, since they have the right to change the itinerary, or rather it will be considered as a completely new cruise?

4 hours ago, WorldTraveler151208 said:

Msc wants to start with a cruise on MSC Grandiosa on August 16 from Genoa.  They are only waiting for the final approval from the Italian government. I noticed that in the original cruise schedule for this summer, Grandiosa was supposed to depart Genoa on the 16th as well. Now, it will also be a 7-day cruise, only the itinerary has been changed. Do you think that in this situation Msc will keep the reservations of passengers who have a booking for departure from Genoa on August 16, since they have the right to change the itinerary, or rather it will be considered as a completely new cruise?

MSC have permission from Italian government, this was posted yesterday.

they say they will contact anyone booked to advise options, only available for Schengen country residents.

Edited by cruiser man 60

7 hours ago, cruiser man 60 said:

MSC have permission from Italian government, this was posted yesterday.

they say they will contact anyone booked to advise options, only available for Schengen country residents.

Thank you for the answer, but as for the approval of the Italian government, from what I know the matter is still not clear. Indeed, the government wants to start cruises, but the restart date has not yet been announced.  Such information in any case was given by Costa today. If that is true, the restart on 16.08 is still not certain. Where did you find information that there is already an official approval?

3 minutes ago, WorldTraveler151208 said:

Thank you for the answer, but as for the approval of the Italian government, from what I know the matter is still not clear. Indeed, the government wants to start cruises, but the restart date has not yet been announced.  Such information in any case was given by Costa today. If that is true, the restart on 16.08 is still not certain. Where did you find information that there is already an official approval?

Italy will certainly be closed for anyone this year. They were hit the most by Covid, I doubt they want to have the same thing coming to their homeland again. But at the same time, if you think about their revenue from the tourist business, you can understand that they wont be doing it for long lol 

39 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

Italy will certainly be closed for anyone this year. They were hit the most by Covid, I doubt they want to have the same thing coming to their homeland again. But at the same time, if you think about their revenue from the tourist business, you can understand that they wont be doing it for long lol 

Not sure what you mean, but Italy has been open to tourists for a couple of months. All hotels & museums etc open
we know a number of people who have visited last month. Obviously Americans and others outside Europe are banned.

italian government announced yesterday that cruising can restart and the crews are now in Italy getting ready.

• Like 2

The Italian Prime Minister has just said that cruises will be allowed to resume because tourism is so important to the economy. The parliamentary scientific and technical committee signed off the safety protocols last night. The next and final step is for the regional states conference to approve - and they are meeting on Monday. Italy will be open for cruising (as will Greece and Malta, so far..

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Roger88 said:

I don't know what you mean by "They were hit the most by Covid"?

Do you mean they have the most cases in the world? No that's the USA with 15.196 Tot cases per mil/pop. Italy is "only" Nbr 16 of the world having 4.122 Tot Cases/Mil pop.

Or do you mean they have the most cases in Europe? No that's Russia with 6.010 Tot cases per mil/pop. Here Italy is Nbr 4 of Europe.

Source: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

It is so easy to simply make statements without scientific back-up. And no I'm not Italian.

Stay safe

• Like 1