CDC no sail order

adstz

Just found out that American Queen Steamboat has just been removed from the Allianz Covered Suppliers list as of 8/28/20.  Allianz won't cover if they default. Also removed were Crystal and WIndstar.

Sure makes one wonder about their financial health.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Haysiedaze said:

Just found out that American Queen Steamboat has just been removed from the Allianz Covered Suppliers list as of 8/28/20.  Allianz won't cover if they default. Also removed were Crystal and WIndstar.

Does that mean we can't use Allianz insurance to cover a trip that includes AQSC?

1 hour ago, adstz said:

Does that mean we can't use Allianz insurance to cover a trip that includes AQSC?

My understanding is you can still use ALLIANZ but if AQSC defaults you are not covered for your loss.

As with any insurance question though check directly with the insurance company.

12 minutes ago, Haysiedaze said:

My understanding is you can still use ALLIANZ but if AQSC defaults you are not covered for your loss.

As with any insurance question though check directly with the insurance company.

Trying to make this a little clearer. Again contact Allianz to get the information.

With Allianz you cannot purchase the policy if you want to be covered for Supplier Default.  However, you are still able to purchase a policy for all other covered reasons such as trip interruption, covered medical emergencies, lost or delayed baggage.

On 8/29/2020 at 5:41 AM, Haysiedaze said:

Looking at the "Covered Supplier List" I see that AQSC's partner Victory Cruise Lines is on the list.

Both entities are under the HMS Global Maritime umbrella (along with Hornblower and others).  

Is anyone else considering cancelling their 2021 trip? This news concerns me. There are 4 of us traveling together. We had originally scheduled for September 2020. We took the 125% FCC (got the email with FCC today). We rebooked for October 2021.

I am now very concerned. Allianz is a big travel insurance company. If they feel they can't back AQSC because of lack of financial stability, then should I really leave almost $10,000 with them for a year?

Big decision to make. We really want to take this trip but...

To adstz, ask yourself this question, can you take the 2021 cruise with the proceeds of a  refund or do you need the 125%FCC? I have looked at the list of restrictions on use of FCC and have determined that the extra 25% is not worth either the risk or the headache of finding a sailing that meets all the restrictions (eg FCC can only be used on one sailing, any FCC remaining after payment for later cruise is forfeited, FCC is non transferable, etc).  

I want AQSC to survive but their evidenced concern for clients is not encouraging.