CDC Seeks Public Comment On Cruise Operations

Cruising89143

6 hours ago, TeeRick said:

I think that the public comment period as stated is required.  That being said, this is only one source of many (including expert panels) that the CDC will use for issuing cruising guidance.  It will be read and noted and filtered for some pearls of wisdom.  Or for a general sense of how that subset of the public taking the time in answering 59 questions feels and thinks.  I don't see this as a huge number of responses.  If only 4 or 5 questions perhaps more responses. Most people will not know about it at all and even fewer will respond.  They can start evaluating right away- no need to wait until the very last day to read everything.

I suspect the RFI was as much to try and get the CLIA and the cruise lines to generate a response. 

If they have the RFI and the cruise lines do not generate input then it eliminates one of their potential legal approaches against any rules that the CDC requires.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, npcl said:

I suspect the RFI was as much to try and get the CLIA and the cruise lines to generate a response. 

If they have the RFI and the cruise lines do not generate input then it eliminates one of their potential legal approaches against any rules that the CDC requires.

Interesting perspective thanks!

This was great! I've been thinking about a lot of solutions (many of which we already do since we are mildly germaphobic) and this was a wonderful place to share them. I hope they were constructive and help move the opening of our beloved cruising sooner than later! (Of course, I think many are quite brilliant.) 

OP thank you for providing!