Canceled cruise: FCC, but what about existing OBC?

Per carnival https://www.carnival.com/health-and-sailing-updates.aspx#, it says their FCC is 100% + $600 OBC. 

My issue is original cruise included $500 OBC already. It sounds like I won't get to transfer my existing offer $500 existing OBC + $600 future OBC. 

Does this sound correct in that carnival is not honoring any original promotion when booking the future cruise? 

2 minutes ago, TheCruisingKids said:

Per carnival https://www.carnival.com/health-and-sailing-updates.aspx#, it says their FCC is 100% + $600 OBC. 

My issue is original cruise included $500 OBC already. It sounds like I won't get to transfer my existing offer $500 existing OBC + $600 future OBC. 

Does this sound correct in that carnival is not honoring any original promotion when booking the future cruise? 

It's my understanding that the max OBC you can accrue is maxed out at $600, no matter how many cancellations & rebookings you have to endure.  During this crazy time, it would be insane for Carnival to issue to someone $500 or $600 each time their booking was cancelled and rebooked another cruise. They'd wind up accruing several thousands of $'s in OBC.

2 hours ago, TheCruisingKids said:

My original cruise included a $200 OBC.  When it was cancelled, I was able to transfer it to a cruise for next year that also had a $200 OBC offer.  My cruise for next April shows I have $800 in OBC... $200 for the cruise offer and $600 for rebooking.

I have $800, $600 from rebooking and $100 promotional and $100 stock.

Most post here say the extra $200 will be lost, it's for Oct 4th, so I should be able to find out soon. I can reapply for stockholders but the promotional is lost which to me makes no sense since I couldn't get a price drop because they said the $100 was part of the fare and I'd lose the $100 if I took the price drop. 

But I expect to be cancelled soon and will find out ha.

When one of my cancelled cruises was booked with a $100 OBC special, I was not able to move that $100 OBC special to my next cruise.  I actually found a better special for a new cruise that saved me a lot of money on the cabin.  Even though I couldn't move the $100 special, I did get the $600 OBC rebooking credit, another $120 OBC for the cabin cost being less than my FCC, and then a $100 stockholder's credit.

Maybe you can find a good special on a new cruise.  

18 hours ago, Joe817 said:

It's my understanding that the max OBC you can accrue is maxed out at $600, no matter how many cancellations & rebookings you have to endure.  During this crazy time, it would be insane for Carnival to issue to someone $500 or $600 each time their booking was cancelled and rebooked another cruise. They'd wind up accruing several thousands of $'s in OBC.

That's true as it pertains to cancellation OBC.  The max 'thank you for not asking for a refund' OBC you can get is $600 per cruise and those are not cumulative. Said another way, you can't stack $600 OBC's up by booking a cruise, having that cancelled, booking another, having that cancelled, and turning it into a single $1200 credit just as you say.  Conversely, you CAN have 2 cruises cancelled and apply a $600 credit from each onto two separate new cruises.

You of course CAN have more than $600 OBC earned different ways.  For example, you could purchase a cruise where one of the purchase benefits is $100 OBC.  That could be added to your $600 cancellation bonus for a new $700 total.  Happy sailing everyone! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RoKa95 said:

What all can you use the OBC on?

Everything....except maybe going to the infirmary.  Gift shops, onshore excursions, drinks all over the ship, specialty restaurants, spa, pictures(called pixels), bingo cards, you name it. If it's for sale on the ship you can use OBC to buy it.