Radiance Bookings?

Matco

Last week I heard a rumor that Radiance bookings out of Long Beach would be available early this week, she supposed to start sailing April 2021. Has any one heard anything about bookings opening up? I would love to be on the first sailing after the renovation and new home port 😁

• Like 1

Wife looked today and they are not available. All that's available is Panorama.

On a side note, I was surprised by this move. That's a big ship for 3 and 4 day cruises. Wonder if they will mix in seven day cruises as well?

Edited by pc_load_letter

Me too, I've been watching the website, I first heard the rumor from a fellow CC user who got the info from his PVP, I dont use a PVP so I was curious if anyone else had heard from their PVP about it or not

1 hour ago, pc_load_letter said:

Wife looked today and they are not available. All that's available is Panorama.

On a side note, I was surprised by this move. That's a big ship for 3 and 4 day cruises. Wonder if they will mix in seven day cruises as well?

How big is the radiance?  Don't forget Carnival was able to fill 2 ships at 2,000 capacity on a regular basis.  But that is probably because of price point.  Wonder if they will sail a newer ship at the same prices?  Doubt if they will sail the radiance on 7 day- that is what the Panorama is doing. 

My PVP guessed reservations will open up this week- that is rumor, not Carnival announcement. 

Panorama has some killer deals- $309 for inside 7 day early in 2021.  Do you think we will be sailing by then?  If not- more FCC!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, OC SeaPA said:

How big is the radiance?

It will be a closer sister ship to Sunrise, which now has somewhere over 3,000 in passenger capacity (I'm sure the 2,984 figure is from the Triumph) due to more staterooms. It will still be less capacity overall than when there were 3 LB-based ships, but I'm positive Carnival will charge a pretty-ish penny now that it'll become a "new ship" with more room categories/features/etc. and they'll market the ship that way like no other. 

3 hours ago, Matco said:

Last week I heard a rumor that Radiance bookings out of Long Beach would be available early this week, she supposed to start sailing April 2021. Has any one heard anything about bookings opening up? I would love to be on the first sailing after the renovation and new home port 😁

They have to move those that were booked on the Inspiration and Imagination to the Radiance first, then they can open up bookings to everyone else. We were booked on the 10/17/21 Imagination sailing, and we received and email stating that our booking would be automatically moved to the Radiance. The email stated that it would be done by August 23rd, so new bookings wouldn't be open until then.

• Like 3

Carnival has not yet found a shipyard to complete the renovation. To avoid disappointment, it might be wise to wait until Carnival confirms if - and when - Victory/Radiance re-build will take place.

1 hour ago, Jamman54 said:

They have to move those that were booked on the Inspiration and Imagination to the Radiance first, then they can open up bookings to everyone else. We were booked on the 10/17/21 Imagination sailing, and we received and email stating that our booking would be automatically moved to the Radiance. The email stated that it would be done by August 23rd, so new bookings wouldn't be open until then.

That makes sense.  We almost moved our Nov 2020 Imagination booking to 2021, but because of the rumors went with the Panorama.  We had a killer rate for the Nov 2020- would have been great to get that rate on a new ship.  Oh well, we'll wait and see what the new rates will be.  Doubt if it will be as low as what we had.  But we did get the OBC for moving the reservation.

4 hours ago, OC SeaPA said:

How big is the radiance?  Don't forget Carnival was able to fill 2 ships at 2,000 capacity on a regular basis.  But that is probably because of price point.  Wonder if they will sail a newer ship at the same prices?  Doubt if they will sail the radiance on 7 day- that is what the Panorama is doing. 

My PVP guessed reservations will open up this week- that is rumor, not Carnival announcement. 

Panorama has some killer deals- $309 for inside 7 day early in 2021.  Do you think we will be sailing by then?  If not- more FCC!

4 hours ago, snoozecrooze said:

It will be a closer sister ship to Sunrise, which now has somewhere over 3,000 in passenger capacity (I'm sure the 2,984 figure is from the Triumph) due to more staterooms. It will still be less capacity overall than when there were 3 LB-based ships, but I'm positive Carnival will charge a pretty-ish penny now that it'll become a "new ship" with more room categories/features/etc. and they'll market the ship that way like no other. 

image.thumb.jpg.1855ea96a42ad00a1a81bcc2e0a1701a.jpg

According to the book I got in my stateroom on the carnival sunrise - full occupancy is is just about 4000 passengers. 

8 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

Hi,

Did I read on here that folks who booked Inspiration or Imagination would indeed be first to get the new bookings .... but only to a certain date .... I thought I read it had like an October 2029 Cut Off period. 
  I booked my December 2020 Inspiration B2B Cruise last December. When I received that standard cancel email (we’ve all seen here), it didn’t mention anything about ... Hey, don’t worry c’mon aboard the Radiance .... LOL!

Did you get a separate email stating you were on The List?  Just wondering how you got the info.

Thank You,

Bobbi 

2 hours ago, Markmom18 said:

Hi,

Did I read on here that folks who booked Inspiration or Imagination would indeed be first to get the new bookings .... but only to a certain date .... I thought I read it had like an October 2029 Cut Off period. 
  I booked my December 2020 Inspiration B2B Cruise last December. When I received that standard cancel email (we’ve all seen here), it didn’t mention anything about ... Hey, don’t worry c’mon aboard the Radiance .... LOL!

Did you get a separate email stating you were on The List?  Just wondering how you got the info.

Thank You,

Bobbi 

Only those booked on the Imagination or Inspiration in April 2021 and beyond will be moved to the Radiance. The ship won't be ready until then. Those who are booked before then unfortunately are just canceled. Sorry. 

• Like 1

I dunno, excited and bummed at the same time. Those small Fantasy class ships, while older, just felt nice for a short cruise. You see the same staff throughout the ship. We grew to know our Russian waiter pretty well on the last ten or so cruises on her. 

A big ship is nice but you loose some of that intimacy of a smaller ship that's easy to navigate and you get to know the faces of the staff.

Oh well. Onward and upward my dad use to say.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, pc_load_letter said:

I dunno, excited and bummed at the same time. Those small Fantasy class ships, while older, just felt nice for a short cruise. You see the same staff throughout the ship. We grew to know our Russian waiter pretty well on the last ten or so cruises on her. 

A big ship is nice but you loose some of that intimacy of a smaller ship that's easy to navigate and you get to know the faces of the staff.

My feelings exactly, I've had many great trips on both Imagination and Inspiration with 2 more that were booked and cancelled, I could damn near walk those ships blind folded, we knew the secrets walkways to avoid the crowds and how to get place to place the fastest. While I'm sad they are leaving I'm looking forward to learning both the Radiance and Panorama the same way. And if things get back to normal soon there might still be a chance we get Imagination back since she hasn't been sold just yet, only in cold layup... doubtful but I will remain extremely optimistic lol  

4 hours ago, pc_load_letter said:

It's a smaller ship than conquest class. Only miracle class and fantasy class smaller. 

Triumph class was just a bit smaller than conquest class... a forerunner 

Here's a quick break down assuming double occupancy and estimates on the radiance since final numbers haven't been released  

Carnival Imagination Length 855 feet 2056 passengers and 920 crew 

Carnival Radiance Length 893 feet 2984 passengers after the re-furb and 1100 crew

Carnival Panorama Length 1060 feet 4008 passengers and 1450 crew  

I was lucky enough to be on the inaugural Panorama cruise and while it's an extremely beautiful ship, with lots of stuff to do, see and eat, to me, it felt confining. I greatly enjoy a wide open atrium but the small, yet beautiful, center section of the Panorama left me waning.

The main pool deck on the Panorama felt confined as well. Nice to have two large jacuzzi's on the back of the ship but would have liked a small pool back there as well.

I greatly enjoyed out Carnival Dream cruise out of NO a few years back. Splendor was okay but not my fav. Can't wait to try the Radiance though. 

21 minutes ago, Matco said:

They are out! Only one date tho... I'll be watching out for some 2021 dates...image.png.c261519047fbfa550f63ab15f68fbaf3.png

Yikes, as expected higher than usual pricing.

The 3 dayers on the Inspi and Imgi used to run at about $150 to $225 per person. 

This might no longer be the cheapest 3 day weekend getaway for a while.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, mark316 said:

I have read some other rumors on differences posts that carnival my move the Radiance to Europe and replace the Legend for the summer of 2021.

The Radiance already is in Europe. I think Legend will move to Long Beach for 2021 and Radiance will do the Legend cruises in Europe. A lot of the Legend cruises for the first half of 2021 have disappeared.