Web Site Doesn't Let Me Change Staterooms?

jbpcalifornia

We were looking into booking the 7 day Zaandam 9/4/2021.  HAL website lets me get all the way through the booking until I try to change to the Verandah deck to select a room and then the screen goes white.  Called HAL and they said it was because they were redoing all the itineraries after selling the 4 ships.  Anybody have any insight into what this means for the 7 day Montreal to Boston cruises in 2021?  Different ship to be used?  HAL person had no idea on a time frame.  Thanks,

It’s anybody’s guess what the future holds. Could be different ship, different itinerary or completely cancelled.  I would just keep watching online,  things could change soon or much later.  Welcome to the new normal of booking a cruise!

2 hours ago, Lady Arwen said:

It’s anybody’s guess what the future holds. Could be different ship, different itinerary or completely cancelled.  I would just keep watching online,  things could change soon or much later.  Welcome to the new normal of booking a cruise!

Thanks.  Will do.  

18 hours ago, jbpcalifornia said:

We were looking into booking the 7 day Zaandam 9/4/2021.  HAL website lets me get all the way through the booking until I try to change to the Verandah deck to select a room and then the screen goes white.  Called HAL and they said it was because they were redoing all the itineraries after selling the 4 ships.  Anybody have any insight into what this means for the 7 day Montreal to Boston cruises in 2021?  Different ship to be used?  HAL person had no idea on a time frame.  Thanks,

When I tried earlier it didn't work in either Chrome or Firefox, but it seems to be working ok now.

Give it another try.

14 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

When I tried earlier it didn't work in either Chrome or Firefox, but it seems to be working ok now.

Give it another try.

Nope.  Still doesn't work.  It does not let me select a cabin on the Verandah deck, even though thats an option.

2 hours ago, jbpcalifornia said:

Nope.  Still doesn't work.  It does not let me select a cabin on the Verandah deck, even though thats an option.

Sorry, you are correct! I had been looking at another ship in September 2021, which worked ok.  The problem seems to be Zaandam as I tried some other months and cannot select a deck either!

1 minute ago, VMax1700 said:

Sorry, you are correct! I had been looking at another ship in September 2021, which worked ok.  The problem seems to be Zaandam as I tried some other months and cannot select a deck either!

Could mean that this itinerary and/or ship will be changed as part of the HAL reassessment.  

4 minutes ago, jbpcalifornia said:

Could mean that this itinerary and/or ship will be changed as part of the HAL reassessment.  

Could be that they have taken some room inventory off line so that it can be made available to pax who had been booked on Amsterdam for the similar itineray prior to Amsterdam being sold.  Recently there was a link to a HAL document which showed the suggested replacement cruises for those who had booked the cancelled cruises.

It is possible to book a GTY room in all categories for September 4th 2021.

17 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

Could be that they have taken some room inventory off line so that it can be made available to pax who had been booked on Amsterdam for the similar itineray prior to Amsterdam being sold.  Recently there was a link to a HAL document which showed the suggested replacement cruises for those who had booked the cancelled cruises.

It is possible to book a GTY room in all categories for September 4th 2021.

Good point!  I'll keep my eyes out.  Verandah deck seems like a better alternative for a vista suite then the navigation deck vis-a-vis less noise, even with the activities below if we find the correct cabin location.  Thanks,