Comped Carnival Cruise is Cancelled - OBC

cinnamin

I was wondering if anyone had a comped cruise (directly from Carnival and not land based offer) cancelled due to Covid-19 and what the cancellation was like. With today's extended cancellation dates, my cruise is cancelled and I want to select option 1 to get the $600 onboard credit for future cruises but since I didn't pay anything except the port fees and taxes, would I still be eligible? Thanks in advance!

Edited by cinnamin

59 minutes ago, cinnamin said:

I was wondering if anyone had a comped cruise (directly from Carnival and not land based offer) cancelled due to Covid-19 and what the cancellation was like. With today's extended cancellation dates, my cruise is cancelled and I want to select option 1 to get the $600 onboard credit for future cruises but since I didn't pay anything except the port fees and taxes, would I still be eligible? Thanks in advance!

My "comped" cruise for May was cancelled.

I rebooked for next April which was an identical "comp"offer.   I was able to transfer the fees and taxes over to the new cruise and my new one is now paid in full.

I have the $600 OBC for rebooking plus another $200 that was part of the "comp" offer.

It was quick and easy to take care of.  Now, it's a waiting game to see if we ever cruise again...LOL

1 hour ago, sgttami said:

My "comped" cruise for May was cancelled.

I rebooked for next April which was an identical "comp"offer.   I was able to transfer the fees and taxes over to the new cruise and my new one is now paid in full.

I have the $600 OBC for rebooking plus another $200 that was part of the "comp" offer.

It was quick and easy to take care of.  Now, it's a waiting game to see if we ever cruise again...LOL

Thanks! Did you select Option 1 online and re-booked yourself or did you call in and do it? Unfortunately, I don't have that identical comp offer anymore.

2 hours ago, cinnamin said:

I had a "comped" balcony for my June cruise that was cancelled by Carnival. They would not extend the offer to my re-booked Nov cruise, since the "comped balcony" offer had already expired. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, cinnamin said:

Thanks! Did you select Option 1 online and re-booked yourself or did you call in and do it? Unfortunately, I don't have that identical comp offer anymore.

I did Option 1 and rebooked myself.  I did it the same day that Carnival had cancelled because I knew my comp offers were going to expire in about a week and they were good into late 2021.

I'm a bit sorry that I didn't book later into 2021 because I'm not having positive thoughts that April cruises will take place.  Hope I'm wrong...LOL

5 hours ago, sgttami said:

I did Option 1 and rebooked myself.  I did it the same day that Carnival had cancelled because I knew my comp offers were going to expire in about a week and they were good into late 2021.

I'm a bit sorry that I didn't book later into 2021 because I'm not having positive thoughts that April cruises will take place.  Hope I'm wrong...LOL

April is probably ok, vaccines will come out by then I hope!