Viking Air Plus question

ClevelandKid

Hi all,

We did a cruise in February where we had to travel from Cleveland to San Juan, PR.  That required us to wake up at 2 am, get a ride to the airport at 3 am for a 5:30 am flight, which got us down to San Juan about 2:30 pm.  Needless to say it was a very long day and wiped us out for that day.  We are signed up for another cruise where once again we will leave from San Juan.  My question is this:  if you do Viking Air Plus, can you fly down to a connecting city (leaving at a much more reasonable time), stay overnight, and then catch the San Juan flight the next day?  Or is this considered two distinct flights instead of the one with a connection?  And even if it is two distinct flights will Viking Air Plus accommodate us?

Thanks!

To answer your question, there are many itineraries shown on Kayak with long layovers...mostly in CLT.  You could probably book one of those with Viking.

Having said that, we would never arrive the day of debarkation.  There are just too many things that can happen...most of which are not good.  Why not consider taking a later flight out of CLE a day or two before embarkation?  You'll have time to recuperate and be assured you'll be where you need to be on embarkation day.

• Like 3

I wish Viking would provide transportation from airport the day or two before embarkation if you do NOT choose to do their pre-cruise which is usually quite$$$.  Transferring to the port can be costly.

• Like 2

I wish Viking would provide transportation from airport the day or two before embarkation if you do NOT choose to do their pre-cruise which is usually quite$$$.  Transferring to the port can be costly.

I agree. Sometimes you just don’t want to arrive on embarkation day especially during the winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, -Lew- said:

Having said that, we would never arrive the day of debarkation.  There are just too many things that can happen...most of which are not good.  Why not consider taking a later flight out of CLE a day or two before embarkation?  You'll have time to recuperate and be assured you'll be where you need to be on embarkation day.

We did this on our very first cruise (leaving Venice), however our cruise does not leave on the first day - we have an overnight in San Juan on the ship, leaving the next day at 2 pm.  I would feel safe with the additional 24 hours.

18 hours ago, deec said:

I guess it depends on where you are but we've had good luck with Uber

It would be a logistics issue with trying to arrange transportation for people arriving a day or 2 in advance. We do go early in order to adjust to time zone changes and to see the port city at leisure. We set up tours and experiences in advance and are totally ready to be happy in the Viking “fold” when we get to the ship.