Post photos of your wedding crafts here!

carrievision

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

those are really cute

where did you get the mold?

Will you bring those with you in your carry-on or in your suitcase? wondering if they could melt in the suitcase??

thanks for the picture, I think I will look for those too!

caroline

those are really cute

where did you get the mold?

Will you bring those with you in your carry-on or in your suitcase? wondering if they could melt in the suitcase??

thanks for the picture, I think I will look for those too!

caroline

Hi Caroline,

Here is a link to the mold:

http://www.candyplus.net/nautical_candy_molds_2.htm

The plan is to put each one in celophane and tie with ribbon. We plan to carry them on, probably not in a suitcase, but in a tote of some sort. They are real easy to make and once they have hardened, they do not seem to melt very easily. We have tried cutting them several days after they were made and had been sitting out and they are still very hard. We looked into ordering them online and the cost for the entire 3D ship was about 12.95 per ship and to get a one side flat ship was about 3.50 per ship. We paid about 2.50 for the bag of chocolate and can get about 2 ships out of it. It will be a lot of work, but we have had soooo much fun practicing!!! Good luck.

I also did a few things, I put together big canvas beach bags, I stenciled a little ship and anchor on it and put each guest last name on it. You can do it by cabin and not by guests (may get costly), I then put in each bag a towel for each person, a lae and a friendship poem that I put together, thanking everyone for attending. I then gave them out on the bus ride from my home to NY port. I also made my own silk flowers and put together wonderful and cute gifts for each person after the wedding. If anyone wants to see anything that I put together please let me know and I will send pictures. dianna

I also did a few things, I put together big canvas beach bags, I stenciled a little ship and anchor on it and put each guest last name on it. You can do it by cabin and not by guests (may get costly), I then put in each bag a towel for each person, a lae and a friendship poem that I put together, thanking everyone for attending. I then gave them out on the bus ride from my home to NY port. I also made my own silk flowers and put together wonderful and cute gifts for each person after the wedding. If anyone wants to see anything that I put together please let me know and I will send pictures. dianna

Hi Dianna, I would like to see your all the things you made for your wedding. You can email me at sonobekah1@sbcglobal.net.

Thanks!!!

i would love to see all your great work also

cjsbabycakes@yahoo.com

thank you

For lots of neat DIY tips and tricks, check out Weddingbee.com

It's in a blog format, but there are multiple "bees" that blog every day. Though they're all getting married on land, many of their ideas could be used at sea as well. They are always looking for new bloggers, especially those with a unique angle (incorporating ethnic heritage, marrying in unusual location, etc) so check it out for more great tips and tricks!

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks, Stardest! I used Microsoft Publisher (part of Microsoft Office Suite) for the newsletter, and started with the Watermark Newsletter template. I made some minor modifications to fit our info. I can e-mail you the actual newsletter if you'd like--just post your address. Cruise Critic won't let me post the file here.

Would you please email to me? kmansfield@knology.net

Thanks!

Hi Caroline' date='

Here is a link to the mold:

http://www.candyplus.net/nautical_candy_molds_2.htm

The plan is to put each one in celophane and tie with ribbon. We plan to carry them on, probably not in a suitcase, but in a tote of some sort. They are real easy to make and once they have hardened, they do not seem to melt very easily. We have tried cutting them several days after they were made and had been sitting out and they are still very hard. We looked into ordering them online and the cost for the entire 3D ship was about 12.95 per ship and to get a one side flat ship was about 3.50 per ship. We paid about 2.50 for the bag of chocolate and can get about 2 ships out of it. It will be a lot of work, but we have had soooo much fun practicing!!! Good luck.[/quote']

THANK YOU for posting this link!!! You just found us the topper for our wedding cake! We decided to have our wedding reception when we get back from our cruise so we can include our friends and family, and wanted the reception to have a cruise/nautical theme and have been trying and trying to come up with the perfect topper/theme for our cake...this is it! We can make it out of white chocolate and it will go perfectly with our white w/purple trim cake!

Hello all. My fiance and I are getting married in Grand Cayman on November 1st. We are sailing on the Carnival Conquest. I decided to make welcome bags (mine are boxes) for all of my guests. We have 17 sailing guests (not including us). I decided to use a box instead of a bag, because I wanted something easy. I saw a picture of a gable box used as a gift box and decided to copy the idea. I had labels made with our wedding theme for the boxes and for our water bottles. I used some ribbon along with the labels in our wedding colors to decorate the boxes. I am putting 2 small water bottles, and various items in each box (deoderant, a shower puff, a small first aid kit, post-it notes, highlighter, pain reliever, hand gel, etc). I have different stuff for the men vs the women. I am putting all the contents together in ziploc bags and I will assemble the boxes once I get onboard. We are going to present them to our guests on our first night at dinner. Happy planning. :)

Lisa

3778097_GiftBox2.jpg.f6d17556eaf1e06e5143c4caf3433844.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived