One of Carnival's brands detected a ransomware attack

CineGraphic

8 hours ago, caribill said:

I received a letter Tuesday from Holland America saying there was a data breach detected August 15.

They were able to recover all files and says there is "a low likelihood of the data being misused" and are offering 12 months of free credit monitoring and identity theft detection services.

Impacted information accessed included that of guests, employees and crew and includes names, addresses, phone numbers, passport numbers and dates of birth. It does not mention credit card information or passwords being part of this.

One can do quite a bit of damage with your name, passport number and date of birth ... yikes!!  

And free credit monitoring??  Anyone can do that .... they need to provide credit and identity 'repair' in case this data is misused.  

15 hours ago, shellbeachjim said:

I received a similar letter yesterday from Seabourn. I found this odd because we’ve never sailed or even booked on Seabourn. 

Some of your Princess data is shared with other CCL Corp brands. We have received mailings from all of their North American brands along with loyalty club membership numbers they have assigned to us.

Received a letter from HAL yesterday, too, although have never sailed on the line. Would have expected to get that letter from Princess or Carnival as those are the only two lines under the Carnival umbrella that I have sailed. But HAL? Guessing that means that they are the line that was hacked? I have so many free credit monitoring services running from all of the hacks from multiple companies and a government entity to boot..