Tortuga Rum Cake Recipe?

kootz

Hello kootz!

Oh the Tortuga rum cake!  The thought makes my eyes roll back and makes me swoon a bit.  I do have a recipe that I have tinkered with over the years.  I will not post the whole recipe here, but if you email me at jehsooneratyahoodotcom I will send it in an attachment.

Just a word of caution.  My dear friend from Sligo County Ireland always requested the rum cake for her birthday.  She asked for the recipe which I gladly shared, knowing she wasn't much of a baker.  Holding to her dear Irish heritage she thought the amount of rum in the recipe was only a suggestion and tipped the bottle a little more.  After about 30 minutes in the oven, the door blew off and a blue fireball shot out!  Moral:  Follow the recipe!

Katie

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 8/20/2020 at 4:34 PM, KatieBelle said:

Hello kootz!

Oh the Tortuga rum cake!  The thought makes my eyes roll back and makes me swoon a bit.  I do have a recipe that I have tinkered with over the years.  I will not post the whole recipe here, but if you email me at jehsooneratyahoodotcom I will send it in an attachment.

Just a word of caution.  My dear friend from Sligo County Ireland always requested the rum cake for her birthday.  She asked for the recipe which I gladly shared, knowing she wasn't much of a baker.  Holding to her dear Irish heritage she thought the amount of rum in the recipe was only a suggestion and tipped the bottle a little more.  After about 30 minutes in the oven, the door blew off and a blue fireball shot out!  Moral:  Follow the recipe!

Katie

That's hilarious 

• Like 1

I have purchased a couple of these Rum Cakes directly from the company by ordering them online.  Just as delicious as if I had bought them in the Caribbean and hauled them back to Ohio.

They have a new cake using a more premium Rum that is very good.  Sometimes, the company will have sales and decent deals.

While I would prefer to buy them in the Caribbean and "haul" them back home, that isn't going to happen in the near future for me.  Ordering them and having USPS deliver them is the next best thing in my opinion.