For a really distorted view of Cruising.....In Pictures!

HamOp

A bunch of garbage, for instance they showed a very nice restaurant(probably a RCI ship)as expectations and the buffet as reality. We all know that the dining rooms on most mainstream cruise ships are pretty glamorous and no one is forcing you to eat in the buffet. 

The author of this article can go pound sand.

• Like 1

On 8/20/2020 at 7:14 PM, FredT said:

Hey... I just took it at it's face value... Tongue in cheek, over the top.   But you know something?   I am going through Soooo  much travel withdrawal at this point I would HAPPILY take any of her  "but you get this" scenario's!  😁

Yes, I think many people have taken this far too seriously. I enjoyed the author's sense of humour. I feel I must add that most of the pictures, both the good and bad, were of aspects of ship travel that does not appeal to me.

• Like 1

ROFL!  That article has it right for many mass market ships.  The packed pools, hot tubs (which are not even very hot), embarkation, etc.  But what do I know?  I am just a senior with an awful lot of cruise experience.  One reason we prefer the smaller ships of the more upscale lines (or HAL where many of the passengers seems to sleep round the clock) is we no longer enjoy going to the pool at 7am to stake out our spot, fighting the embarkation crowds. etc.   The comment about the shows is too true on most ships (there are some exceptions) and I would tell the OP that the situation is not much better on the most expensive lines (where they do not even have production shows).

Hank

• Like 1

Yeah this is not really *the media* its basically clickbait. It goes on forever so it can feed you tons of ads. The OP fell for one of those "sponsored" stories someone paid to place on a mainstream site.

• Like 1

I clicked on the author...these are other articles she has "written":

These Are the Lesser-Known Siblings of Our Favorite Celebrities;

Iconic Women of the 70s Five Decades Later;

Hilarious Pet Antics and Their Punishment; and

Expectations Versus Reality: This Is What Fast Food Chains Food Can Really Look Like

Not my type of reading.

L.

• Like 1

Yes, way over the top, but I still say there is a lot of truth in the article even for HAL.  Long embarking and disembarking, often lines for the MDR that are very long.  Crowded theater, few decent seats around the Lido pool.  Few tables at Lido available at dinner time. Long lines to get off the ship at ports (at times). Yes, Old people. Small rooms, buses packed...

The crew are great and the ships themselves wonderful.