Go Port

ranchette

The hotels near MCO are all nice. If like most people, it is a one night stay and they are not "resort" hotels. It is a place to sleep, shower, and other S's. Most are withing walking distance to places to grab a bite or drink. The area is a lot safer than most near airport areas in FL. 

As the previous poster said, price things out yourself as well. You may have better pricing. The cancellation with GoPort has been nothing but horrible for Covid-19 as well. Only credit, no price guarantee, and a 30% loss if your cruise was canceled and you ask for a refund. It has also been 2 months with no refund still. That is what ended it with me using GoPort. On a side note, I priced out an Uber and hotel independently. It would have cost us an extra $20 overall and it would have only been my family on the ride and no multiple stops, waiting on luggage, going to different terminals, etc. Not bashing GoPort, but when you want convenience and saving, you can do just as well on your own...plus better cancellation policies.

Edited by bigrednole

Big Red is correct!  WE prefer to stay in Orlando (1000's of hotels in every price range, with many good options near MCO) and use a rental car to get to PC - allowing us to keep our own schedule and stay, dine and shop where we want.

11 hours ago, bigrednole said:

The hotels near MCO are all nice. If like most people, it is a one night stay and they are not "resort" hotels. It is a place to sleep, shower, and other S's. Most are withing walking distance to places to grab a bite or drink. The area is a lot safer than most near airport areas in FL. 

As the previous poster said, price things out yourself as well. You may have better pricing. The cancellation with GoPort has been nothing but horrible for Covid-19 as well. Only credit, no price guarantee, and a 30% loss if your cruise was canceled and you ask for a refund. It has also been 2 months with no refund still. That is what ended it with me using GoPort. On a side note, I priced out an Uber and hotel independently. It would have cost us an extra $20 overall and it would have only been my family on the ride and no multiple stops, waiting on luggage, going to different terminals, etc. Not bashing GoPort, but when you want convenience and saving, you can do just as well on your own...plus better cancellation policies.

Agree...Our May 2020 cruise was cancelled by RCI and so glad I didn't have reservations with GoPort. I easily cancelled our three rooms booked at Double Tree by Hilton in Orlando...and luckily hadn't made a reservation for out transportation from hotel out to Port Canaveral (and back to MCO) yet. We were going to book a private shuttle for the 10 of us with Cruise Control. 

We've rebooked this cruise for Apr 2022 and will do the same, booking everything directly myself.

Edited by Ashland
  • Like 2