ABC of Ports in Photos

DamianG

9 hours ago, grapau27 said:

You are welcome.

Why not Google how to do this yourself?.

We take all our photos on our Huawei phone's and the quality is excellent.

To print photos you can use Bluetooth or the SIM goes into the machine at a photo shop to download them for printing.

Does anyone really understand instructions on Google??  I couldn't  even understand how to programme the new Sky remote.  Apparently, I'm a dinosaur🦖, or so I'm lovingly told😃. We don't print photos out anymore. David put them onto Frank's tablet and we look at them that way. So it's just a matter of,  from tablet to laptap. "One small step for man, one giant leap for me"🚀🌕

Avril

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, bee-ess said:

And from me as well, Thanks Damien, hope you have your next photo topic already lined up

Actually, I do have a more silly idea but I think we'll have a week off while I find appropriate photos!

Edited by DamianG
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Does anyone really understand instructions on Google??  I couldn't  even understand how to programme the new Sky remote.  Apparently, I'm a dinosaur🦖, or so I'm lovingly told😃. We don't print photos out anymore. David put them onto Frank's tablet and we look at them that way. So it's just a matter of,  from tablet to laptap. "One small step for man, one giant leap for me"🚀🌕

Avril

I guess that you use Windows, if you use Mac I can tell you how to do it. For WIndows you should just be able to plug your tablet into your laptop and there must be a windows program to copy then from 1 device to the other. Then in here just hit the 'choose files' link below and copy from the photos laptop folder. Someone on here using Windows will know. You could probably copy direct from the tablet to here but I don't know much about phones and tablets - also a dinosaur where they are concerned.

Edited by bee-ess
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Damian for starting this thread and to everyone for posting their photos. It’s been lovely to see so many different places, remember those we have visited and realise how many beautiful locations there are in the world that we have yet to see! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bee-ess said:

I guess that you use Windows, if you use Mac I can tell you how to do it. For WIndows you should just be able to plug your tablet into your laptop and there must be a windows program to copy then from 1 device to the other. Then in here just hit the 'choose files' link below and copy from the photos laptop folder. Someone on here using Windows will know. You could probably copy direct from the tablet to here but I don't know much about phones and tablets - also a dinosaur where they are concerned.

I do use windows, yes ,and even I would have thought it would be a simple job. Not for me you understand, but for those who 'know'😉. I'm confidant on my laptop and do everything on it, banking, shopping, bills, holidays, posting on CC😀 etc, but I've not had reason a to send photos until now. To be honest, I'm like a trained monkey, teach me which buttons to press an I'm fine, until things go wrong that is.🤣

Avril

3 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

Avril, if you connect the tablet to the laptop using the USB  charging connector, then you should be able to see the tablet as a linked drive on the folders page of the laptop. You can then transfer them to the thread in exactly the same way as you transfer photos that are on the laptop.

37 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Avril, if you connect the tablet to the laptop using the USB  charging connector, then you should be able to see the tablet as a linked drive on the folders page of the laptop. You can then transfer them to the thread in exactly the same way as you transfer photos that are on the laptop.

Avril, I might have to amend that, I just tried my phone and I can't find the photo gallery or the google photos files listed. But I can see Messenger and What's App, and any photos that were sent to or by me on those systems can be accessed from Windows File Explorer from the phone/tablet icon under This PC. You can then save them to your pictures, or transfer them straight onto a  cruise critic thread.

Can anyone else shed light on where Android stores its photo gallery or google photos?

4 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Avril, I might have to amend that, I just tried my phone and I can't find the photo gallery or the google photos files listed. But I can see Messenger and What's App, and any photos that were sent to or by me on those systems can be accessed from Windows File Explorer from the phone/tablet icon under This PC. You can then save them to your pictures, or transfer them straight onto a  cruise critic thread.

Can anyone else shed light on where Android stores its photo gallery or google photos?

Oh dear, I think I've been transported to a parallel universe🤣 Thank you for persevering with me John, I know it can't be easy☺️

Avril

44 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Oh dear, I think I've been transported to a parallel universe🤣 Thank you for persevering with me John, I know it can't be easy☺️

Avril

Avril, I have no expertise, but I do seem to understand how things function, but when I come across issues like the above, I am just as flummoxed.

• Haha 1

One last photo from me on this thread.
Ventura, Zeebrugge, Feb 8th 2020. A fairly uninspiring shot but significant because it was the last picture I took on a cruise ship. We weren’t even supposed to be in Zeebrugge, it was meant to be Amsterdam but the weather was so bad the itinerary was changed. How could we have known at the time that the change of port would mean that this could come at the end of this thread, which seems strangely fitting.

Thanks again Damian for kicking this off, and to everyone for the great pictures. Has anyone counted how many places we’ve covered?

2F3B69E0-A0BB-4369-9DFC-9A6E1AFCE359.thumb.jpeg.fe0f3100ea5bbfbb6473ff96b13150b6.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1