Where in the world ?

Host Hattie

For a moment, I was going to guess Busselton WA Australia, as there are some similarities to Busselton Jetty and QM2 tenders there (including in February 2018 when Mrs sfred and I were aboard),  However, the shape of the structure at end of the pier in the photo doesn't match the Underwater Observatory, and the Busselton town area is much closer to the end of the Jetty than the buildings visible at the left of the photo. 

I also tried searching some usual suspect tender ports in the Caribbean, but no matches.

I'm afraid I admit failure.

Well by using Google Lens selectively as has been productive before, I quickly found a link to: The Rockland Breakwater. The photo could show the breakwater with the lighthouse at the end. Not feeling like further research at present the article mentioned Bar Harbor, so that would be my guess.

Edit: Looking at the map maybe a cruise by near Bar Harbpr.

Edited by D&N

46 minutes ago, D&N said:

Well by using Google Lens selectively as has been productive before, I quickly found a link to: The Rockland Breakwater. The photo could show the breakwater with the lighthouse at the end. Not feeling like further research at present the article mentioned Bar Harbor, so that would be my guess.

Edit: Looking at the map maybe a cruise by near Bar Harbpr.

Ah, very good! I think you've got it as Rockland, Maine for the port. QM2 did call at Rockland during 2018 (September 25) and it is a tender port. That's been her only call there so far although she has another call scheduled to Rockland next month on September 24, 2024.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Shlomo Going said:

2018, while tendered on the QM2 ...

tendered.thumb.jpg.3d63ea9ed42e5c712b05e61d745fe9e4.jpg

Welcome to another new member to our game! Thank you for contributing this photo. If this is Rockland, Maine, then this is the first view of Rockland we've seen here that was taken while on a Cunard cruise. That's a welcome addition to this thread.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Here's another webcam image of a Cunard ship at a port we have not yet seen on this thread. It's also a port that is not listed on our unseen ports list either. I have no record of a Cunard ship calling here previously.

WhereintheWorld(189).thumb.jpg.e7b391075e91af3bb3be57e89622f9c3.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bluemarble said:

Here's another webcam image of a Cunard ship at a port we have not yet seen on this thread. It's also a port that is not listed on our unseen ports list either. I have no record of a Cunard ship calling here previously.

WhereintheWorld(189).thumb.jpg.e7b391075e91af3bb3be57e89622f9c3.jpg

Would this be QA in Nordfjordeid, Norway. Nordfjord is on the list but not the former. 9/4 visit?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NE John said:

Would this be QA in Nordfjordeid, Norway. Nordfjord is on the list but not the former. 9/4 visit?

I won't mention that this is port/cruise-by number 666.  Instead I'll say that this is port 43 in Norway, number 3 ranking on the top 10 list.

image.png.35f2082bc3fdcb96eec73330939f5687.png

• Like 3