Why are at least some aft cabins on Magnifica classified as Bella?

Stockjock

Did a GUAR Bella balcony on Magnifica and got an aft cabin assignment on deck 11 that we're happy with,  But upon closer inspection, it's apparently not an upgrade, but rather, a Bella assignment.

I was a bit surprised by this, as aft cabins seem to be desired by many and in limited supply.  You'd think that would be a Fantastica cabin rather than Bella, wouldn't you?  Or am I missing something?

2 hours ago, perakcruiser said:

Lower deck?

And after stretching all new magnifica cabins will probably be Fantastica, more of the older in front and back will be Bella

Isn't it taken pretty much as fact now, that the stretch isn't happening? For the time-being at least.

Obstructed view might to be the answer. I did a cruise on an MSC Magnifica deck 8 Bella corner aft balcony that while great and a bit larger than the usual cabins, had sort of a partly obstructed view. Those cabins tend to be sort of less desirable than others at least at Continental European standards.

Have a nice day!... 🙂

19 hours ago, Stockjock said:

I was a bit surprised by this, as aft cabins seem to be desired by many and in limited supply.  You'd think that would be a Fantastica cabin rather than Bella, wouldn't you?  Or am I missing something?

They are similar to a Divina deck 13 aft facing balcony, which on that ship are denoted as a "Juliet Balcony".  I don't think they are quite as small as Divina seen here:

https://youtu.be/xIrsio4mPQ8?t=228

In the below video you can see the Orchestra sister ship and get a good idea of balcony sizes.  Orchestra does not have aft facing cabins on deck 12, so you are looking at the balcony cabins on decks 8, 9, 10 and 11.  Deck 11 don't look bad but if you could move to deck 10, which are also Bella, they look even nicer. 

https://youtu.be/b8aDlWQ-nlc?t=20

US website still shows Magnifica with stretched deck plans as of Summer, 2021.  Stretch won't affect the aft facing cabins, I would only try avoiding the ones on each side that are near the public stairwells and can have people looking around the corner onto your balcony.

OT: on the European site they loaded the cruises from May 3rd onwards. Right after the world cruise she will go to Northern Europe on the repo cruise Genoa - Southampton. So, no stretching in summer 2021. Also on the same site any reference about the stretching has been erased.

• Like 1

On 8/24/2020 at 8:12 PM, Stockjock said:

Did a GUAR Bella balcony on Magnifica and got an aft cabin assignment on deck 11 that we're happy with,  But upon closer inspection, it's apparently not an upgrade, but rather, a Bella assignment.

It apears to mee that the balconies on decks 8 and 9 are extra long, and on deck 10 they apear rather small.

On 8/24/2020 at 2:12 PM, Stockjock said:

For many of us, a cabin on  a high deck and aft (or forward)  is the equivalent to a cabin under the night club or galley.