When Do They Apply Your FCC

GTO-Girl

28 minutes ago, GTO-Girl said:

I know the FCC applies to the cruise fare only but is it applied to the cruise fare after all eligible discounts have been applied or is it applied to the base “inflated” price?

After all discounts.

I5 can’t be applied to port fees and taxes, prepaid gratuities, insurance, flights, hotels or transfers.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

11 minutes ago, diesel1973 said:

Would you happen to have the  change from RCCL stating the FCC can be used as down payment? I would appreciate it very much.

I just the other day booked a cruise for April 2022 and used my FCC for deposit.  My FCC was for $1545, and the deposit would have been $900.  I didn't want to shell out that much money that far in advance, so used my FCC for a fully refundable fare.

I booked this direct with Royal and then transferred to my TA.  A couple days later the price went down, and I got the price adjustment, but they had to reissue me a new Res #.    🍷

When I cancelled a March 2020 cruise I booked a 2021 cruise and was told I could not use FCC for deposit. I recently contacted RCCL about refunding my deposit and using FCC but was told to contact TA. Called TA and was told RCCL wouldn't allow it. Seems like I am caught between the cat and the canary! I need a copy of the change in print so I can dispute with CC. TIA

56 minutes ago, diesel1973 said:

When I cancelled a March 2020 cruise I booked a 2021 cruise and was told I could not use FCC for deposit. I recently contacted RCCL about refunding my deposit and using FCC but was told to contact TA. Called TA and was told RCCL wouldn't allow it. Seems like I am caught between the cat and the canary! I need a copy of the change in print so I can dispute with CC. TIA

They will not refund deposits already paid.  For new reservations after June 30 IIRC you can use the FCC to cover the deposit.