Taxes & Port fees for Odyssey after lift & shift

I just completed a L&S from our December 2020 Oasis cruise to January 2nd Odyssey cruise and the new invoice shows Taxes, Fees and port expenses to be $211 CAD per person.  But when i do a mock booking for Odyssey those same taxes are supposed to be $155 CAD per person.  So for 4 people that works out to be $226 more.    Would anyone know the reason for this or could it just be a mistake that i need to call Royal about?

Edited by happy cruiser1234

17 minutes ago, happy cruiser1234 said:

The original Oasis sailing taxes were 140 CAD.  Thanks, I guess i should call them.

Unfortunately taxes and fees are set by the date you made your initial booking.  What they do when you move a booking is to look at the taxes and fees that were in place for the new ship on the date you made the booking for the Oasis and that is what you will be charged 

It sucks, but it goes both ways.  I have moved ships a few times over several years and have benefited by $100 per person savings. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Unfortunately taxes and fees are set by the date you made your initial booking.  What they do when you move a booking is to look at the taxes and fees that were in place for the new ship on the date you made the booking for the Oasis and that is what you will be charged 

It sucks, but it goes both ways.  I have moved ships a few times over several years and have benefited by $100 per person savings. 

Thanks for the detailed explanation ken.  Since that's the case I won't bother arguing with Royal over it. I'm saving a ton of money on the Lift and Shift anyway.  So I'm quite happy with my price.

Thanks again, your the best! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, happy cruiser1234 said:

I just completed a L&S from our December 2020 Oasis cruise to January 2nd Odyssey cruise and the new invoice shows Taxes, Fees and port expenses to be $211 CAD per person.  But when i do a mock booking for Odyssey those same taxes are supposed to be $155 CAD per person.  So for 4 people that works out to be $226 more.    Would anyone know the reason for this or could it just be a mistake that i need to call Royal about?

Lift n Shift, Dec 13 Oasis to Odyssey Jan 2 also because we want to avoid Oasis departing MIA. We booked Oasis about year and half out and the fees increased $45 and change, two passengers. Due to an error on my part final payment was made for the Nov. 4 Oasis. Hope they will cancel. If by chance the do start up I think it would be

with smaller class ships on short trips.

• Like 1