Question Regarding Crown Cancellation

teacher1977

I received an email from Princess informing me that my September 11, 2021 British Isles cruise on the Crown Princess had been canceled.  They also included a list of replacement cruises on the Sky Princess with the August 30, 2021 British Isles cruise being the same itinerary and the recommended replacement for me.  But I would have to wait until September 30, 2020 to rebook a cruise.  What is unclear to me is how does this really work?  Am I automatically moved over to the August 30, 2021 sailing date and into a comparable cabin (I was booked in one of the Owner's Suites) or do I have to start all over and hope that I can find a comparable cabin?  Do I have booking priority over those who were not previously booked on the Crown and then canceled or do I just enter the pool of cruisers?  While I was offered an additional $200. OBC if I rebook by mid October 2020, there is no mention of all the other OBC, internet, beverage packages, etc. that I had on the cruise that was canceled.  I guess what I am really wondering is if new bookings are not open to the general public until after the mid October date so those that were canceled have an opportunity to book first and perhaps recreate the cruise they originally booked?  Any information would be helpful.  Thanks.

I would guess if they didn't transfer you over automatically, you'll have to start from scratch.  My Crown went to the Sky and they said explicitly in the email that they were moving me.  I can't imagine how they would give anyone priority.  

My email stated....

VOYAGE REDEPLOYMENT - CROWN PRINCESS
Please be advised that due to deployment changes, your voyage will now sail on Sky Princess rather than Crown Princess. 

• Like 1

I was also on a cruise that was canceled but sailing Sept. 23, 2021.  My email did not say that I was being automatically rebooked.  The above booking was a rebook for the Canadian/New England cruise that would have been leaving today.  With this cruise we had Gratuities, WiFi, and Free drinks as a perk.  When I booked the British Isle sailing my perks did not show up or were mentioned until the booking was made.  I had noticed when I was booking the mini-suite, that the prices were about $800 more a person because of the “perks”, and was upset that I was going to now have to pay for the perks.  After I had selected the cabin the discounts did show up.

MANY were cancelled and SOME were re-booked. There has been no

rhyme or reason. Our TWO April cruises on the Sky were completely

CANCELLED and that was that! We were told by TA that we have to wait

until Sept. 30 to do any "replacement" booking and we are at the mercy of

any promotions that Princess may be offering.

BTW- these two April cruises were the REPLACEMENTS I booked

AFTER the the April 2021 Regal Transatlantic had been cancelled.

Princess HAD become our line of choice, now we are rethinking...

So -

Just got off the phone with Princess (80+ minutes), and was told that because the 1 July Crown sailing was NOT replaced with the same itinerary on the Sky, we are NOT eligible to move over our rate and perks. The ONLY option is to rebook on another cruise at full fare. That's the rhyme and reason!

We were able to rebook on the 27 July Island sailing, but had to skip the package to keep the costs the same. Stinks, but I do understand the why (even though I don't necessarily agree).

The only upside is that now we have enough shipboard credit to cover gratuities and a few drinks. Doesn't replace the entire package, but it's better than nothing.

To Princesses' credit - the lady I spoke with was incredibly nice, patient, and helpful. She walked me through a few new booking scenarios, and helped me find the best one.

I look at things this way - at the end of the day, after everything everyone has been going through in the last few months, for us to loose a little on the new cruise is no big deal when you take a look at the bigger picture.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, nini said:

We were told by TA that we have to wait

until Sept. 30 to do any "replacement" booking and we are at the mercy of

any promotions that Princess may be offering.

so, any replacement cruise that you may want to consider is closed to 'new bookings' at this time ???

Yes, as I understand it. They are not listed on the Princess website at all.

Our TA called Princess yesterday becauseI read that "some" people were

able to rebook and most others not- they have to wait until Sept. 30

Our TA said that earlier this week Princess told her Sept. 25 and now it is Sept. 30

Unfortunately, we have not been thrilled with Celebrity or Holland America. Princess feels

like "home" to us. I looked up Viking Ocean. I know people who love them, however, they

are SO much more expensive and I do not care for the payment terms. Their British Isle

itinerary is wonderful and tempting. Due to Covid, we were originally going to be on a

British Isle cruise departing tomorrow.

• Thanks 1