Any Hope for November?

cellfree

2 minutes ago, CruizinKittie40 said:

Thanks, i'm perusing the website now 🙂

You quoted my post before the edit came through. Just in case you missed it: 

Royal Caribbean will give you the best passenger:space ratios of any of the cruise lines. Especially on their bigger ships, they'll feel empty at times. 

1 minute ago, xDisconnections said:

You quoted my post before the edit came through. Just in case you missed it: 

Royal Caribbean will give you the best passenger:space ratios of any of the cruise lines. Especially on their bigger ships, they'll feel empty at times. 

okay, nice! My only concern with the more expensive cruise lines is the level of formal dress expected.  I've worked from home for over 17 years and would feel uncomfortable dressing up every day, let alone wearing an evening gown to dinner.  That's something I will also take into consideration when booking my next cruise.  

42 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

That's how it is in Europe on very limited sailings. Why should we expect the same months later on this side of the pond?

Thats exactly how it is going now, why shouldnt we expect the same here is the true question, and i do unfortunately! 😞

1 minute ago, CruizinKittie40 said:

okay, nice! My only concern with the more expensive cruise lines is the level of formal dress expected.  I've worked from home for over 17 years and would feel uncomfortable dressing up every day, let alone wearing an evening gown to dinner.  That's something I will also take into consideration when booking my next cruise.  

Princess is getting more lenient. Their clientele is slowly changing and with them embracing technology that anticipates guest needs, it's becoming a much more casual cruise line. Formal nights aren't enforcing suit requirements and smart casual is allowing shirts without a collar and shorts.

• Like 1

Princess is getting more lenient. Their clientele is slowly changing and with them embracing technology that anticipates guest needs, it's becoming a much more casual cruise line. Formal nights aren't enforcing suit requirements and smart casual is allowing shirts without a collar and shorts.

that's so awesome because I just found the Fire and Ice sailing and omg i'm in love. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, soapbxking said:

Thats exactly how it is going now, why shouldnt we expect the same here is the true question, and i do unfortunately! 😞

Because our culture is significantly more entitled and the cruise companies will be catering to a completely different demographic. Even in Europe, Carnival Cruise Line and others provide a much different experience than you will find on their USA departures. It's a possibility, sure, but not something I would say is certain to happen.

Edited by xDisconnections

15 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

Because our culture is significantly more entitled and the cruise companies will be catering to a completely different demographic. Even in Europe, Carnival Cruise Line and others provide a much different experience than you will find on their USA departures. It's a possibility, sure, but not something I would say is certain to happen.

Trust me when i say, i sooo want you to be right on this one, I just dont think you will be :-(.  BUT if you are, and I see you on a boat!!  We are definitely doing Tequila shots on me!!!;-)

Edited by soapbxking

6 minutes ago, soapbxking said:

Trust me when i saw, i sooo want you to be right on this one, I just dont think you will be :-(.  BUT if you are, and I see you on a boat!!  We are definitely doing Tequila shots on me!!!;-)

We'll have to see what happens. I probably wouldn't mind the shore excursion requirement but I'd prefer to have shore leave upon my own leisure.

Another important detail to note are the cost of excursions which are considerably less in the European market and frequently are a fraction of the price. Many also offer "On Your Own" itineraries.

We'll have to see what happens. I probably wouldn't mind the shore excursion requirement but I'd prefer to have shore leave upon my own leisure.

Another important detail to note are the cost of excursions which are considerably less in the European market and frequently are a fraction of the price. Many also offer "On Your Own" itineraries.

the excursion thing is a deal breaker for me also.  heading to Cozy and want to do Mr. Sanchos!  Plan to ask my girl to marry me there if we go

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stellarose said:

I usually do carnival / RC's set excursions so it would not bother me if that was the only way off the ship. at least you know you will get back on the ship.  no pier runners.

What about ship sponsored excursions that return late? Pier runners will still exist.

Edited by xDisconnections

4 minutes ago, soapbxking said:

the excursion thing is a deal breaker for me also.  heading to Cozy and want to do Mr. Sanchos!  Plan to ask my girl to marry me there if we go

So if/when you propose is based on when cruising resumes from US ports? Makes me think maybe you should think twice before proposing.  

Edited by PhillyFan33579

5 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

I have cruised Carnival in Europe, and excursion prices are double and more than those offered on the West coast.

The on your own offerings are mostly over priced transportation. In Rome the ship offered a train ride from the port for $50. I took the same train for € 5,50.

4 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

So if/when you propose is based on when cruising resumes from US ports? Makes me think maybe you should think twice before proposing.  

Um, no, who said if/when?  This is my preferred method as my friend works at Sanchos and he will set up a grand day for us...  if we cannot i will have to change dates  and ways, but would really like this way.

36 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

I definitely agree with your point. I have never felt crowded on an RCI ship. I can’t say the same for Carnival ships, especially Vista class ships. However, I have never really felt too crowded on a Carnival Spirit class ship. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, soapbxking said:

Um, no, who said if/when?  This is my preferred method as my friend works at Sanchos and he will set up a grand day for us...  if we cannot i will have to change dates  and ways, but would really like this way.

Hopefully it works out for you. We have seen many proposals over the years both on ships and at ports when cruising.  They have always been great experiences to watch, except for the one time the girl said no on stage during the Welcome Aboard show several years ago (not sure what ship it was on). 

5 minutes ago, Moviela said:

I have cruised Carnival in Europe, and excursion prices are double and more than those offered on the West coast.

The on your own offerings are mostly over priced transportation. In Rome the ship offered a train ride from the port for $50. I took the same train for € 5,50.

Weird. European excursions have always looked like bargains to me on both Carnival and Princess. The only time they ever looked expensive is St. Petersburg.

Weird. European excursions have always looked like bargains to me on both Carnival and Princess. The only time they ever looked expensive is St. Petersburg.

oh damn. that had to suck.  well this wont be a no for sure :-)  She is ready   haha  but i just thought somewhere beautiful and my Friend Guillermo at Sanchos said dude, come here we will set up the whole thing for you!!  :-)

• Like 1

On 9/12/2020 at 4:09 PM, Saint Greg said:

I think Galveston opens long before Long Beach.

The port in Long Beach is open now. It has never closed. Note that the Cruise terminal is not controlled by the Port of Long Beach. The cruise terminal is controlled by Carnival. They have already said they are open in November. They have used the down time to make improvements in the traffic and parking near the Dome to sweeten the experience of embarkation. 

Long Beach is in LA County, but they are not controlled by the county health department. The city is one of three in California with their own health department