New Zealand Border

casofilia

LATEST NEWS

I only saw the following in today's paper; I hadn't heard about it elsewhere!!

Anyone coming to New Zealand will need a New Zealand Traveller Declaration.

Go to https://www.travellerdeclaration.govt.nz/

Note again that the document is for travellers by AIR; there is still no comment about arrivals by ship!!

Mike

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The New Zealand Government have said that they expect that cruises will be available in New Zealand by October.

An announcement about a possible announcement in the near future about the date that the date for the reopening will be announced!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

For non-cruise visitors, is everything headed back to 'normal' over there? We were supposed to visit in January 2021, which obviously was cancelled. Thought about rebooking for 2022 and had to put a hold on that. Now we're aiming for 2024 to be more realistic and not have to rebook hotels and car rentals all over again. But was curious how truly 'open' things were getting over there.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The NZ Prime Minister was on TV this evening announcing the country is open to international visitors and everyone should come visit.

She also said that 95% of the eligible population is vaccinated.

• 3 weeks later...

The announcement that appeared online this afternoon.   It looks as if it will be easier to enter New Zealand very soon.

Hope so

Mike

------------------------------------------------------------------

Pre-departure Covid-19 tests for incoming passengers set to go next week

Covid-19 test requirements for travellers heading for New Zealand look set to be scrapped from early next week.

Facing increased pressure to do away with the costly and disruptive tests, it is understood the Government is poised to announce they will go.

An announcement could be made as early as tomorrow that would require law changes and mean the tests could no longer be required by the start of next week.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, casofilia said:

The announcement that appeared online this afternoon.   It looks as if it will be easier to enter New Zealand very soon.

Hope so

Mike

------------------------------------------------------------------

Pre-departure Covid-19 tests for incoming passengers set to go next week

Covid-19 test requirements for travellers heading for New Zealand look set to be scrapped from early next week.

Facing increased pressure to do away with the costly and disruptive tests, it is understood the Government is poised to announce they will go.

An announcement could be made as early as tomorrow that would require law changes and mean the tests could no longer be required by the start of next week.

I had a cruise booked for New Zealand on Princess for October 2023, they canceled yesterday! 

Genzi

3 hours ago, BigRedFan said:

I had a cruise booked for New Zealand on Princess for October 2023, they canceled yesterday! 

Genzi

Which cruise?  We are booked on a NZ Princess cruise in January 2023 on Majestic Princess and it has not been cancelled.

2 hours ago, BigRedFan said:

It is the 10/10/2023 cruise on the Royal Princess.

Oh, I guess I could have expanded your signature and figured that out!  Actually, the same thing happened to us - we originally booked for our Fiji and NZ B2B cruises in January/February 2023 on the Royal Princess; until they decided to pull the Royal out of the area and re-deployed it to California for that period.  We were able to transfer and rebook similar cruises on the Majestic Princess, although I would have preferred the original Royal bookings.

• 3 months later...