Live(ish) report: First real cruise this year - Greece with TUI Cruises Mein Schiff 6 - 9/27

Miaminice

11 hours ago, grayjay said:

I have never considered a cruise with the MeinSchiff fleet, but it was absolutely stunning to read in your blog how well it went and how much fun you had.

Same here!

We never considered TUI - on the contrary, we avoided it for the (personal) reasons mentioned.

It turned out to be a great cruise! The compromises we made and the reasons for us now try another cruise lines have nothing to do with the qualities of TUI. TUI were very good! Their corona concept - a major factor here - was (and is) excellent. 
We wonder it that´s going to be the same on MSC.

The TUI Canary Island cruises were introduced after we booked our alternative. Rumors are they will also offer Dubai cruises.
Besides the fact that we were not drawn to either areas, both areas are still risk areas. Their plans are based on the fact that this will change... risky game at the moment. 

I just found this thread and spent a delightful afternoon and evening reading it! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

I agree with your risk assessment and should I have been in a similar situation, I would try cruising...however, I don’t really believe that FL embarkation cruising would be similar, the risks are too high when I think about how well I imagine my fellow Americans adhering to the protocols. Maybe someday...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I followed up Miaminice and took a cruise on Mein Schiff 6 on Oct 18th til 25th. You can check out my photo intense review (still not finished, try google translate).

Unfortunately yesterday the last cruise out of Crete started as a cruise to nowhere with no port stops due to the Covid-19 situation in Greece. The following three cruises had to be cancelled by TUI Cruises. Hopefully they can restart in December.

steamboats

Hi guys!

I finally made it to create a video clip of the ship photos only.

As mentioned during the trip already, we were reminded of a Solstice Class ship or even Edge a lot when we walked around the ship.

Enjoy the pix...

PS: 

I previously mentioned that we booked a cruise on MSC Grandiosa for Christmas after we came back from this one. In view of the Covid developments we canceled the cruise.

As good as the Covid regulations were with TUI - and MSC basically have the same regulations - they are only as good as the surrounding circumstances allow them to be.

We also can‘t justify traveling to a high risk area while at home every effort is made to break the wave.

• Like 7