November Cruisers????

Summerstravel

7 hours ago, SpainAlien said:

With the "time is running out" screen appearing on November cruises is there anybody's November cruise that doesn't have that message?

We are booked on the Jade for  Nov. 22 and have the "Your Cruise is on Hold but time is running out" with the Make a Payment button. Of course we have paid in full by now. There is also a message in the Message Center that says I have a payment due but cannot access anything. I called and they are claiming a website glitch, not to worry, everything is fine.

We shall see.

• Like 2

Round of cancellations just announced this morning:

-  Voluntary suspension of all voyages through November 2020

- Cruises on Norwegian Star, Spirit and Dawn suspended through March 2021

Guests who had an active reservation on a suspended cruises in November 2020 through March 2021 will automatically receive a refund of their cruise fare in the original form of a payment for the amount paid within 25 days. Additionally, a 10% off coupon will be automatically added to the guest's account which is valid for one year from date of issue, and can be used for any Norwegian Cruise Line voyage embarking through 2022 and is combinable with any FCCs and all future promotions at time of booking.

source: www.ncl.com

Edited by PointNemo
  • Thanks 1

TRAVEL ALERT Updated: October 5, 2020 - Suspended Cruises

The safety, security and well-being of our guests, crew and communities we visit is our number one priority. We continue to closely monitor the COVID-19 coronavirus situation and the global health environment. With COVID-19 continuing to impact communities and ports around the globe, we have extended our voluntary temporary suspension of all voyages through November 2020 and cruises on Norwegian Star, Norwegian Spirit, and Norwegian Dawn through March 2021.

We are committed to taking all appropriate steps and actions to combat the spread of COVID-19 and are working closely and in partnership with local, state, federal and global agencies. While this may result in additional future changes, please know our teams are working around the clock to do what is right by our guests and travel partners. We continue to monitor this situation closely and will provide additional updates as they are available.

on the NCL website

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, shof515 said:
TRAVEL ALERT Updated: October 5, 2020 - Suspended Cruises

The safety, security and well-being of our guests, crew and communities we visit is our number one priority. We continue to closely monitor the COVID-19 coronavirus situation and the global health environment. With COVID-19 continuing to impact communities and ports around the globe, we have extended our voluntary temporary suspension of all voyages through November 2020 and cruises on Norwegian Star, Norwegian Spirit, and Norwegian Dawn through March 2021.

We are committed to taking all appropriate steps and actions to combat the spread of COVID-19 and are working closely and in partnership with local, state, federal and global agencies. While this may result in additional future changes, please know our teams are working around the clock to do what is right by our guests and travel partners. We continue to monitor this situation closely and will provide additional updates as they are available.

on the NCL website

It's sad, but thank God. It takes all of the anxiety away. It's a bummer that they aren't offering the 125% FCC, though. It's understandable. I'm slightly skeptical about the speed of the refunds too. 

Edited by SCOYLE058
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, eukonsmom4602 said:

Looks like it was only 125% for cruises booked until Oct 31st. 100% plus the 10% coupon for November cruises. 

EDIT: I called and confirmed that it is a refund only with the 10% coupon. No FCC available.

If your trip was paid in full, it looks like we may be able to get a 125% FCC. This is in their FAQ under the announcement:

FULL CASH BOOKING: If an affected booking has a full cash (credit card or check) payment, they will have the choice to either retain the 125% value FCC, or they can submit for a cash refund when the web form goes live.

FULL SUSPENDED SAILING FCC BOOKING: If an affected booking has a payment with a previously issued suspended sailing FCC, they will not be entitled to the additional 25% and are not eligible to submit for a cash refund. In this instance, the FCC will go back to the guest’s Latitudes account.

FULL PEACE OF MIND FCC BOOKING: If an affected booking has a payment with a previously issued Peace of Mind FCC, they will receive their Peace of Mind FCC back on file to their Latitudes account, plus receive an additional 25% FCC. In this instance, this booking is not eligible to submit for a cash refund.

CASH + SUSPENDED SAILING FCC BOOKING: If an affected booking has a cash (credit card or check) payment in addition to using a previously issued suspended sailing FCC, they will receive the additional 25% FCC on the cash portion ONLY. In this instance, a refund request may only be submitted for the cash (credit card or check) payments made.

CASH + PEACE OF MIND FCC BOOKING: If an affected booking has a cash (credit card or check) payment in addition to using a previously issued Peace of Mind FCC, they will receive the additional 25% FCC on the total invoice. In this instance, a refund request may only be submitted for the cash (credit card or check) payments made.

Edited by SCOYLE058
correcting info

3 minutes ago, SCOYLE058 said:

If your trip was paid in full, it looks like we may be able to get a 125% FCC. This is in their FAQ under the announcement:

FULL CASH BOOKING: If an affected booking has a full cash (credit card or check) payment, they will have the choice to either retain the 125% value FCC, or they can submit for a cash refund when the web form goes live.

FULL SUSPENDED SAILING FCC BOOKING: If an affected booking has a payment with a previously issued suspended sailing FCC, they will not be entitled to the additional 25% and are not eligible to submit for a cash refund. In this instance, the FCC will go back to the guest’s Latitudes account.

FULL PEACE OF MIND FCC BOOKING: If an affected booking has a payment with a previously issued Peace of Mind FCC, they will receive their Peace of Mind FCC back on file to their Latitudes account, plus receive an additional 25% FCC. In this instance, this booking is not eligible to submit for a cash refund.

CASH + SUSPENDED SAILING FCC BOOKING: If an affected booking has a cash (credit card or check) payment in addition to using a previously issued suspended sailing FCC, they will receive the additional 25% FCC on the cash portion ONLY. In this instance, a refund request may only be submitted for the cash (credit card or check) payments made.

CASH + PEACE OF MIND FCC BOOKING: If an affected booking has a cash (credit card or check) payment in addition to using a previously issued Peace of Mind FCC, they will receive the additional 25% FCC on the total invoice. In this instance, a refund request may only be submitted for the cash (credit card or check) payments made.

Yeah, I just saw this. Hope that's the case. Mine was full cash. Fingers crossed! :)

Just now, eukonsmom4602 said:

Big Bummer. One of the main reasons I booked, pretty much knowing we'd probably not sail until 2021, but thought hey, 125% will be a nice bonus. Guess not. 😞

That's exactly what we did. 

• Like 1

The problem with the 10% is the same cruise next year, same week, (my wife is a teacher so we are limited on when we can go) is about 30%-40% higher. I realize they are having a hard time but this is a lousy way to treat their customers. 

• Like 1

I have FCC's from my cancelled cruise in April they expire in March does anyone know if they are extending the date for these? Also I received a 20 percent discount when I booked my cruise in April now it is only 10 percent. Anyway Norwegian will honor the 20 percent? 

Tracie

1 hour ago, Summerstravel said:

I have FCC's from my cancelled cruise in April they expire in March does anyone know if they are extending the date for these? Also I received a 20 percent discount when I booked my cruise in April now it is only 10 percent. Anyway Norwegian will honor the 20 percent? 

Tracie

I have not (yet) heard of any extensions but that is not to say that it won't happen.  I seriously doubt they will "honor" the 20%.  Different special offers come and go all the time.  You get whatever is in effect at the rime you book.

1 hour ago, hloakes said:

The problem with the 10% is the same cruise next year, same week, (my wife is a teacher so we are limited on when we can go) is about 30%-40% higher. I realize they are having a hard time but this is a lousy way to treat their customers. 

Prices change constantly.  Watch the cruise(s) you have your eye on to see if the prices change.

• Like 1

We have another one booked in July on RCCL. We will wait until after that to see if it goes and what kind of restrictions they have to see if we want to go through all this again. I am losing faith in these companies and the agencies that control them. I have my own views of all this lockdown and may just rent a remote cabin so I don't have to deal with the uncertainty.

• Like 1