Molde Norway any idea's

There is an annual Jazz Festival if you hit the right week ..... music events all around town (but was canx this year due to COVID I believe)

IMG_0553.JPG

The downtown area is bigger than many of the ports we visited so more shopping opportunities ... and there was a large street festival in connection with the Jazz fest ....

If not Jazz week, the 'big attraction' is a preserved/restored village with many artisans/performers in period costume ... think Colonial Williamsburg type stuff (but not THAT big)

IMG_1022.JPG

IMG_1041.JPG

IMG_1033.JPG

Edited by Capt_BJ

When I stopped in Molde, I chose to take a 1/2 day ship excursion.  The name of the excursion was "Atlantic Ocean Road & Fishing Village".  It was a pleasant day, but wasn't all that memorable for anything other than the scenery.  The highlight of the Atlantic Ocean Road is a funky bridge that rises high and curves at the same time.  A fun photo stop, but not much more.  The fishing village was picturesque and included a stop at a WWII bunker looking out over the water.  There was a small WWII museum in the bunker which included some German content but also good content on the Norwegian underground opposition.  The scenery of the overall time spent out and about was a pretty mix of waterways and mid-level mountains surrounding.

After the excursion returned to port, I walked around the town of Molde a bit.  The ship docked right in town, so you can explore as much as you desire.  There wasn't much of interest to me in town, but I still found a few picture opportunities.

So, all-in-all, I would say it was a nice day, but probably one of the less memorable of my Norwegian Fjords cruise.