"Peace of Mind" type policy

kurukthemal

1 hour ago, kurukthemal said:

Has Carnival implemented any type of peace of mind type policy for future bookings? I can't find anything on their website. We are very much looking to cruise again, but are still nervous regarding the next 6-9 months of travel. Thanks!

If you want real peace of mind I would wait until Carnival starts turning a profit before booking a cruise.  Otherwise you are just sending them money that they are using to keep themselves afloat.

1 hour ago, beachbum53 said:

"Peace of mind policy" for what? There are no guarantees in life. Carnival will do what they can to provide a safe and fun-filled cruise for everyone, whenever cruises start up again. 

They are quoting another cruise line that offers a "peace of mind policy" where you can book and cancel for any reason up to so many hours before the trip (think 48) and get a future cruise credit.

1 hour ago, regoodwinjr said:

Turning a profit will take a few years so if people wait for that then it won't happen. If you want to book a cruise check their website often because they have been running deposit specials.

While I understand your point that turning a profit won't occur as soon as they restart - I am of the opinion that I will probably be waiting a few years to cruise so that is still an option for people who don't like the uncertainty of the cruising world these days. Even if you told me that for 100% certainty that Carnival would begin cruising in November, I wouldn't book. The rules and requirements for cruising will be in flux for the foreseeable future. Don't like the idea of booking a vacation 6 months away only to get there and be presented with something completely different than was promised on their website and in their brochures. I know they can, so it's my choice not to join the race. A gym got me with that once. Pressured me to renew my membership knowing that a week later they were cutting their hours and eliminating their group classes.  At least right now with cruising we know everything from cancellations to major changes to venues being closed and forced shore excursions are on the table.

Edited by sanger727