Adding a Guest to A Cruise

Late2TheParty

Hello Everyone,

I'd like to add a person to my paid in full December cruise.  Can this be done?  If so, how do I do it?  I'm searching the Carnival website and not having much luck...  Am I just missing it or should I just call Carnival?  Thank you in advance for the help.

A lot depends on your situation and your cabin. If you are currently booked alone, it should be simple to add a second person to your cabin since you already paid for two people. If you currently booked a cabin for two people and want to add a third person, there has to be a cabin available that allows three people.  Without knowing the specifics of your situation it’s hard to give you a decent answer. 

• Like 1

Under the circumstances it could depend on if your cruise is at max limited capacity. I tried to add someone to my room next month and even though I'm the only one in the room, it wouldn't allow me to add them because the cruise is at the maximum limited capacity.

6 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

A lot depends on your situation and your cabin. If you are currently booked alone, it should be simple to add a second person to your cabin since you already paid for two people. If you currently booked a cabin for two people and want to add a third person, there has to be a cabin available that allows three people.  Without knowing the specifics of your situation it’s hard to give you a decent answer. 

This is exactly my situation @PhillyFan33579.  I booked solo and paid for it!  LOL  I'll give them a call.  *fingers crossed*

34 minutes ago, Late2TheParty said:

This is exactly my situation @PhillyFan33579.  I booked solo and paid for it!  LOL  I'll give them a call.  *fingers crossed*

Hopefully it is a simple change, but like Saint Greg mentioned, there is the possibility the cruise is at it’s maximum capacity. 

Edited by PhillyFan33579

The usual limitations to adding someone to a cabin are:

- Cabin rated occupancy, and more importantly

- Lifeboat capacity for the muster station the cabin is assigned to

On a really full ship, that second one is usually the limitation.  If ships resume sailing at 50-60% capacity, that may not be a factor.

• 3 months later...
42 minutes ago, pinklucky61 said:

I may invite someone to join me on cruise in 2022, not paid in full, does CCL charge a fee for add-on?

I think there is a $50 name change fee unless you thought ahead and booked a fake tba guest, then no fee. If you only paid one deposit a 2nd pax deposit will also be due if not paid off to that amount, but I see some reduced deposits...just depends.

18 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I think there is a $50 name change fee unless you thought ahead and booked a fake tba guest, then no fee. If you only paid one deposit a 2nd pax deposit will also be due if not paid off to that amount, but I see some reduced deposits...just depends.

thank you, couldn't remember which cruise line had fee.

19 hours ago, pinklucky61 said:

I may invite someone to join me on cruise in 2022, not paid in full, does CCL charge a fee for add-on?

I just added my son on our November cruise.  I wasn't charged anything, the room I had allowed for 4, easy peasy.  Just give them a call.  I just realized that was for Royal not Carnival- sorry.

Edited by rs45thompson
  • Like 1

On 9/22/2020 at 12:40 PM, Saint Greg said:

Under the circumstances it could depend on if your cruise is at max limited capacity. I tried to add someone to my room next month and even though I'm the only one in the room, it wouldn't allow me to add them because the cruise is at the maximum limited capacity.

I've been wondering about this!  So do you think once a sailing date has reached whatever Carnival's reduced capacity number is that they are preventing future bookings?  I've wondered if we might get bumped from July and December dates we have booked due to them being over their reduced limit.  Haven't seen anyone discussing this though.  

12 hours ago, 80sGal said:

I've been wondering about this!  So do you think once a sailing date has reached whatever Carnival's reduced capacity number is that they are preventing future bookings?  I've wondered if we might get bumped from July and December dates we have booked due to them being over their reduced limit.  Haven't seen anyone discussing this though.  

I tried to book a cruise for May 1. It was still listed with vacant rooms on the website. I called the Carnival agent and he said it would not let him book it because it was at capacity. He said let me do some checking and I will call you back. He did call back and confirmed the sailing was at capacity. He put me on a waiting list for the cruise. I had to pay a deposit. Supposedly, I will be called if someone cancels. This was an 8 day cruise at the time to the ABC islands. All 8 day cruises have now been cancelled. The new itenirary has not been determined for the 7 day replacement. I think the ABC islands require pretesting at this time. It appears those on the cruise do not know the future itenirary for this cruise. I have not been called about any cancellations. I may cancel since it is refundable because I do not want to make a flight reservation when the cruise is in doubt.

On 1/5/2021 at 2:19 PM, firefly333 said:

I guess it depends on who you talk to at Carnival. I've seen several people say they had to add a "TBA" to hold a spot, but we've never had to. Our son has taken a friend on two cruises, but didn't know which friend at the time of booking. Both times, our PVP said it wasn't a problem, to just give him the info. when we decide who's going. Until then, our son was listed as a solo paying the full rate, no TBA on his booking. Early Saver rates both times. Once we added the friend, the only balance added was their deposit + taxes/port fees. Granted, we've always added the person before final payment date.

22 hours ago, 80sGal said:

We booked our Jan. 2021 cruise last April, so at the time of booking, it was to be a full-capacity cruise. As January got closer & closer and there was talk of partial-capacity cruises, I had actually posted to John Heald's fb page asking him what would happen if our cruise was deemed partial capacity. If it was already over that limit, how would they determine who got the boot. He responded and assured me they'd never do that, but I don't see how it could've been avoided. Yes, our cruise did get cancelled, but if by chance it did sail, it would've had to have been partial capacity. Hypothetically, if they were shut down through June, restarted in July, your July cruise would then need to be partial capacity, I would assume. The only way to avoid removing people would be to sail at full capacity, and I don't know if that'll even be possible in the beginning. It'll be interesting to see how it'll work if this happens.