Fain and Del Rio interview on CNBC on CDC plan - today’s Power Lunch

Thanks for posting....Fain said "we" will test everyone before boarding. So I'm going to assume by that key word he's saying the ship will test passengers at boarding.

Too bad Del Rio cut Fain off and we didn't get to hear what he was going to say about onboard dining & the buffet.

But now we know both want to be the "Coke" and not the Pepsi :classic_wink:

42 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Thanks for posting....Fain said "we" will test everyone before boarding. So I'm going to assume by that key word he's saying the ship will test passengers at boarding.

Too bad Del Rio cut Fain off and we didn't get to hear what he was going to say about onboard dining & the buffet.

But now we know both want to be the "Coke" and not the Pepsi :classic_wink:

Yes, wish we could have heard more from Fain.

Did you notice that when Fain was asked if the Covid testing was going to be done by the cruise lines prior to boarding, he didn't give a direct answer and went on about something else?  The Healthy Sail Panel stated in their recommendations that the passengers had to bring their own CV19 negative test results dated up to 5 days prior to boarding.  I think Fain slipped and said "we will test everyone before boarding" or he changed his mind after reading the comments here on CC (LOL) of the numerous posters that want the test to be included in the fare and done by the cruise lines like it's done on MSC. 

My thoughts on this are that the cruise lines probably don't want the liability of incorrect testing results -- e.g. if a passenger's result is a false negative, allowed to go onboard and this passenger infects half the ship, then the onus is on the cruise lines; whereas if you bring your own test result, it absolves them of creating erroneous results and thus are less liable.  IDK but I think this might have something to do with not including the test like MSC.  People in Europe aren't as litigious as we are here in the US. 

Ah the Cola Wars --- hope the CDC response plan doesn't turn out like the "New Coke" did in the 1980s. 

• Haha 1