more changes...

nunuc2000

now our Volendam cruise is cancelled for 2022:

September 22, 2020

Dear Valued Guest,

I hope this finds you safe and healthy during these unprecedented times. All of us at Holland America Line are looking forward to the future when we will once again be able to deliver exceptional service and experiences to our loyal guests around the world.

During this pause in our business, we have continued to closely monitor the progression of COVID-19, global travel and port restrictions, and guidance from public health authorities. In a review of our options and in light of the current world travel situation, we have made the difficult decision to delay Volendam’s 2021 Grand South America & Antarctica voyage to 2022. As a result, we must cancel your 2022 32-Day Hawaii, Tahiti & Marquesas voyage (booking CVHV9W) on Volendam.

Your booking will be re-accommodated automatically to Zuiderdam’s 35-day Hawaii, Tahiti & Marquesas voyage, departing February 27, 2022, in the same or equivalent stateroom category at the rate already paid. You will receive the three extra cruise days at no additional cost. You can view the planned itinerary for this voyage on our website.

A new booking number and confirmation will be sent to you within 30 days. While we know you are eager to learn more about your new booking, we ask for your patience as we go through the process of finalizing port confirmations and rebooking your cruise. Please know our reservations team does not have any additional information to share with you. Details will be shared when your new booking is confirmed in our system and we look forward to answering your questions at that time.

Once you receive your new booking, should you have any questions please contact your travel advisor or reach out to us at the appropriate office:

Seattle Office (USD/CAD currency):
Contact us at 1-800-577-1728 or 206-626-7395.
We are available Monday – Friday, 7:00am – 6:00pm PT.
Saturday – Sunday 7:00am – 4:00pm PT.

Southampton Office (GBP currency):
Contact us at 0344 338 8605.
We are available Monday – Thursday, 9:00am – 5:30pm.

Rotterdam Office (EUR currency):
Contact us at 00800 1873 1873.
We are available Monday – Friday, 9:00am – 6:00pm.
For Netherlands contact us at 0800 724 5425.
We are available Monday – Friday, 9:00am – 6:00pm.

Sydney Office (AUD currency):
Contact us at 1300 987 322.
We are available Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 7:00pm.

Again, we extend our most sincere apologies for any disappointment this may cause. Please know that we truly appreciate your understanding of these exceptional circumstances and look forward to welcoming you on board.

Warm Regards,

Gus Antorcha
President, Holland America Line

9 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

Hope the new cruise works out for you.  I suspect we will be seeing many more changes like this happening as HAL gets closer to sailing again.

Maybe it is a good sign that the feel confident to deploy the fleet.  Just hoping!

• Like 1

I think the change from 2/1/22 to 2/27/22 is a good thing. The weather should be drier. We will get 3 more days and a more ports. Itinerary looks good. Don't know anything about this ship, as we have not been on a Vista Class ship. Will wait and see what they do about cabin assignment.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

After seeing this post I checked my account and to my great surprise the $2400 in FCC we have been due since March now shows up as available to use!!!  Thanks for posting this.......

Glad to hear FCC's and refunds are coming through for everyone 🙂  Here's hoping things will get a whole lot better for the cruising world before too long... stay healthy and safe everyone!

51 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

Hope the new cruise works out for you.  I suspect we will be seeing many more changes like this happening as HAL gets closer to sailing again.

Oh I'm sure there will be many, MANY changes for most of the cruise lines over the coming months and even years. Just gotta roll with the punches and hope for the best 🙂

I also received the email canceling my Volendam Jan 2, 2022 Sea of Cortez 10-day cruise.  They suggested the Koningsdam 7-day Mexican Riviera cruises as an alternative (No thanks!).  I'm sure the HAL regulars are better informed than me, but I wonder about the future of the Volendam.  I don't understand the timing of this cancelation, as the cruise is 1+ years away.  Any thoughts?

7 minutes ago, CabinBoy2020 said:

I also received the email canceling my Volendam Jan 2, 2022 Sea of Cortez 10-day cruise.  They suggested the Koningsdam 7-day Mexican Riviera cruises as an alternative (No thanks!).  I'm sure the HAL regulars are better informed than me, but I wonder about the future of the Volendam.  I don't understand the timing of this cancelation, as the cruise is 1+ years away.  Any thoughts?

I just posted a new topic on this - I am afraid that she is a goner (but I do not know for certain, just my GUESS).  Too bad - nice ship.

Edited by DaveOKC
  • Like 1