NEW- ROYAL CARIBBEAN ANNOUNCES UPDATES TO 2021 SUMMER CRUISES

jtintex

10 hours ago, webecruzin2 said:

I just remembered another reason I don't care for RC that much.
We were on the Brilliance and just got our new cabins for the Indie.
They were not what I had originally booked (surprise surprise) so the RC rep I called changed both my res and
my daughter's res to acceptable cabins, even though I was not on her reservation he said he would do it since she is my daughter with the same last name and our reservations were cross referenced.    
Of course this was after explaining to him 3 times we were on a different ship.  
Don't they have a training department that sends out updates on these things? 

However when I received the confos.  they had new pricing to about double the original fare.  
I called back and the rep would only change mine to the correct fare and not my daughter's even though the previous rep changed the cabin but did it incorrectly.
The supervisor wouldn't do it either.  So now after 2 hours on the phone things are still not right.
This is just so frustrating trying to understand their accents and the connections are so bad I can never understand their names.
The supervisor didn't want to give me his name just his initials.
Thinking about looking for a Celebrity cruise to change to. 
I know they're under the same umbrella but I get much better customer service from them.

Just thought I would let you know I arranged a REFUNDABLE fare for my sister on an RCCL cruise direct with RCCL.  Six months later she noticed it read NON-refundable on her invoice.  When she contacted them, she was told that they had listened to the recordings they make of each call and even though the agent said we were getting a refundable rate, we had waited too long and now were stuck with the non-refundable rate.  I told my sister to write to Michael Bayley and explain this.  She wrote them a courteous email outlining the issues asking them to review their recorded phone call reservation.

She got an email back a week later and they said they had reviewed the recorded call, they apologized and changed the fare to refundable or offered her the deposit returned.

I would give this a try.  Try not to rant in your email and you may get some satisfaction, especially if they have the recorded call to review.

mbayley@rccl.com

or

the agent who responded to my sister is  

Jessica Fernandez <ex-co@rccl.com>

11 hours ago, Russ Lomas said:

I would give this a try.  Try not to rant in your email and you may get some satisfaction, especially if they have the recorded call to review.

Thanks, I will.  And yes I'm well aware that you get more with honey than vinegar.  😉
My daughter called last night, spoke to rep Otain, again very bad connection and difficult to understand, but he told her they haven't completed the switch over yet nor have they completed  what he called "price match".   
FYI she's not even able to view her RC account.
I didn't like that answer and since she gave permission to speak with me I called and lucky me got the same rep who told me the same thing.  I don't quite understand that because the first rep I spoke with was able to change both our cabins and the 2nd rep was able to reconfirm the correct fare for my reservation but refused to do it for my daughter because my name wasn't on it.

The cruise line employees have been through a really tough time I'm sure,  but as someone said here previously they risk
losing some of their hardcore cruisers and definitely alienate people that are new to cruising if they can't hold it together.

The email I received last week said the change over would be complete by Sept. 28th. (it hasn't) and our original fares would be protected (not my daughter's yet). 
We have it in writing so I'm not too worried  

On 9/29/2020 at 12:46 PM, molly361 said:

I bought your TA a drink when we first met him.  It was WAY before he was a TA.   He found us a great bargain on the Freedom, Christmas 2014.  

What did you buy him?

I just checked our July cruise that was switched to the Independence. When they originally switched the ship and assigned the cabin, the cost was much higher than original. When I called they said it would be adjusted in the next couple of days. When I checked today it is now over $400 lower than the original payoff. Not complaining but find it interesting. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Checked last night and they finally adjusted my daughter's fare.  When they moved her cabin she was upgraded and the new fare looks to be about $100.00 less than what she originally had.   
I had sent an email to M Bayley so I don't know if that expedited things, I haven't heard back.
Nor have we received a confirmation letter from RCCL about the change over.
Still curious about a possible OBC as I read earlier in this thread.  

2 hours ago, webecruzin2 said:

Checked last night and they finally adjusted my daughter's fare.  When they moved her cabin she was upgraded and the new fare looks to be about $100.00 less than what she originally had.   
I had sent an email to M Bayley so I don't know if that expedited things, I haven't heard back.

Our fares on Jewel went down. Taxes lower

13 hours ago, webecruzin2 said:

Great news.  Glad it worked out for you.