Getaway Cirque

jemz1949

1 hour ago, jemz1949 said:

Has NCL discontinued the "Cirque" themed entertainment?  I'm not finding any reference to it on the 2021 Getaway cruises?  If so, has it been replaced with another option?

Interesting.  It does not show on the ship’s list of entertainment on their website.  And the Illusionarium doesn’t show on the list of Public rooms on Deck 6.  It shows on the floor plan, but nothing is written to describe it.  Odd, I think. 

It was there in Late January when I was on board. 

I do see the comparable Dinner and a Show on the Breakaway — a show called Velvet.

Edited by MeHeartCruising

10 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Just speculating that the shoulder-to-shoulder banquet seating at the cirque shows won’t work going forward. The cirque shows on other ships have also been removed. 

I tend to agree, but as I said above there is still a Dinner and a Show called Velvet on the Breakaway.  It mentions the use of acrobats in the description.. It sounds like it would be the a Cirque-like show. But I agree, I don’t see comparable on other ships.  So maybe they are still in the process of removing things from the website. 

The Cirque shows on NCL have absolutely nothing to do with Cirque du Soleil, created in Montreal Canada, which was contracted to perform on MSC ships... think Meraviglia a few years ago.  That contract may have ended when cruising ended due to C-19. 

The Cirque shows on Ncl  are simply circus performers in a tent-like venue on some of the BA - BA+ ships. 

13 hours ago, All-ready2cruise said:

The Cirque shows on NCL have absolutely nothing to do with Cirque du Soleil, created in Montreal Canada, which was contracted to perform on MSC ships... think Meraviglia a few years ago.  That contract may have ended when cruising ended due to C-19. 

The Cirque shows on Ncl  are simply circus performers in a tent-like venue on some of the BA - BA+ ships. 

Interestingly....our Nov 7 MSC Meraviglia cruise still has the Cirq dinner options available to book.  I haven't booked anything yet, pending CDC, etc decisions for Nov. cruising, but did think it interesting that it is even available!

15 minutes ago, Hearthosesteeldrumsplayin said:

Interestingly....our Nov 7 MSC Meraviglia cruise still has the Cirq dinner options available to book.  I haven't booked anything yet, pending CDC, etc decisions for Nov. cruising, but did think it interesting that it is even available!

I think, as with many other companies, that CdS has been saved from the chopping block.  Here's an article re the bankruptcy:

https://www.baystreet.ca/economiccommentary/2960/Creditors-Gain-Control-Of-Bankrupt-Cirque-du-Soleil

BTW just say "No" if/when you get a pop up.  It'll still allow you to read it. 

Cheers

I hope that Cirq can recover!  I have been a big fan for many years, and one of the reasons I enjoy going to Vegas is to see a Cirq show or two while there.  If there is a Cirq show available anywhere we travel, it is usually included in our travel plans.  Shows are always phenomenal!  I have seen Mystere at least 4 times.....and would happily go again!  So sad that they have had to file for bankruptcy protection, but alas, there are many suffering under this pandemic!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, All-ready2cruise said:

Everybody knows the NCL shows are not the real - Cirque performances.    Never the less, it is a great Cirque like performance, very entertaining doing gymnastics and contortion in a performance setting.    The food is better than average NCL Specialty Dining and its a nice evening worth every cent!   

Edited by Vyhanek

I am sure we are going to see more changes in entertainment as cruise lines rebook the acts for the ships. We booked two Cirque shows on our March MSC cruise and I am hoping more shows show up for my June Breakaway Cruise. I think many changes will occur as the ships return to sailing. In November we did enjoy the Cirque show on the Getaway.