Allure - “Talk” to Me, Because it Looks Like TOO MUCH

These ships are designed to be multigenerational.  That has been a mantra of Royal Caribbean for decades.  

While some of the activities may not be for everyone at every age, in a multigenerational setting there is something special about watching kids or grandkids enjoying something like ice skating at sea or a zip line or a flowrider then being able to retreat a quiet spot to read a book or take an afternoon nap in the adult only solarium before a dinner with the whole family then watching an aqua show or professional ice skaters together.   

It's not unusual to see scooter rentals on board so if mobility is a concern and they are used to a scooter consider it.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CSHS1979 said:

I've always understood the Quantum ships to be the ones with the most walking

I always found Sovereign class with the split decks to be the most challenging in terms of how to get there from here.  Great ships in their day, but you could really mess someone up that led to some round about ways to get there.

Quantum's only real issue ironically is for star class suites (plus some sky class) trying to reach the concierge lounge.  In most cases this means walking from full aft to the midship elevators then all the way back to the concierge lounge full aft.  Great aft views when you get there though.  

Edited by twangster

I have sailed the Allure

You will just love the ship

I have sailed all the Oasis class

My favorite is the Oasis and I'm sailing her for the 4th time in March(hopefully)

but I loved the Allure,Harmony and Symphony

You will be pleased

Central Park is beautiful and you will love the boardwalk and the the shows are Amazing

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, CSHS1979 said:

I've always understood the Quantum ships to be the ones with the most walking

I tend to agree since the promenade is a straight wide line and the esplanade is a curvy walk... hence longer.  

JC

5 minutes ago, twangster said:

I always found Sovereign class with the split decks to be the most challenging in terms of how to get there from here.  Great ships in their day, but you could really mess someone up that led to some round about ways to get there.

Quantum's only real issue ironically is for star class suites (plus some sky class) trying to reach the concierge lounge.  In most cases this means walking from full aft to the midship elevators then all the way back to the concierge lounge full aft.  Great aft views when you get there though.  

You just get used to the tween deck 😉

Actually the 3 elevator banks work pretty good

Never sailed Quantum, but the CL seems really out of the way like you mentioned, plus the distance from aft elevators back just seems longer than most

We have 60 or so nights on Oasis Class ships. They are easy to get around on. Customer service has preprinted maps that they hand out on request. There are plenty of elevators on Allure (an Oasis class ship) and next to the elevators is a map of the deck you are on and then a list of the decks above and below your deck.

Near the elevators is a 'ship model' that reminds you which way to walk to get to the bow or stern. 

Too much? Nope, just take as big or small bites as you want, it's all good. Enjoy your cruise.

• Like 1

I concur with those who recommend cabins near the rear elevator banks.  While the main theater is forward, almost all of the other prime activities are in the aft.  The walking will be minimized by being center aft.  If there are seniors who are considering scooters, I say, encourage them to get scooters.  It will help in getting around.  On the Oasis class the cabin area hallways are nice and wide and there is more maneuverability than on most of the smaller ships.  If they do get the scooters, try and get them into accessible cabins so that they can keep the scooters in their cabin.  I also agree that decks 6 and 8 are the most convenient. There is so much for everyone of all ages on the Oasis class ships.  Just be aware that due to the delay of the latest renovations, Allure does not yet have the water slides so if this is something the young ones would enjoy, then Oasis might be a better choice.  The upside to the upgrade delay is that the prices on Allure HAVE been lower than for the ships that have already been upgraded with the water slides (Oasis).  I don't think that price difference is as noticeable now as it was in the recent past.

• Like 2