Sailing Jan. 3 2021

tjwcs

Here we go again!

This text was part of a larger text that went out to people that work at the port of Galveston that wear the Carnival name tags.

"Keep in mind that we have no idea what a return to service will look like, so we do not know how many ships would be brought back, or how many staff will be needed.  Once we do receive more details and information from Carnival, we will let everyone know."

1 hour ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I think recent events have killed any chances of cruises resuming from US ports next month. 

For good reason.  Look at all the people in that Rose Garden ceremony my US Senator included that got the Coronavirus.  My Senator was wearing a mask and still got it.

6 minutes ago, skridge said:

For good reason.  Look at all the people in that Rose Garden ceremony my US Senator included that got the Coronavirus.  My Senator was wearing a mask and still got it.

I don’t think the mask is supposed to protect you. I think it’s supposed to protect others from you. 

1 minute ago, Saint Greg said:

I don’t think the mask is supposed to protect you. I think it’s supposed to protect others from you. 

That's the point.  Many of the people were not wearing masks because they are part of the anti mask hoax crowd, that just recently tested positive of the hoax.

We are booked out of Galveston on January 16th on the Vista, and again on March 28th on the Freedom.  We will just have to see what happens between now and then.  I don't particularly fancy being a guinea pig  BUT if these cruises sail, we will be on them and find a way to enjoy ourselves as safely as possible.  We have an inside cabin on January 16th so a cancellation is far preferable to a quarantine let me be very clear!  lol.  We just have to roll with the punches at this point.  Since I originally had a cruise paid in full with gift cards, there is no such thing as a cash refund for me anyway.  I just keep recycling the payment into future cruises and eventually we will sail.